Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
838390 Job Summary
Project Controls Manager
Employer Job Id:
September 28, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
November 27, 2012
Project Controls Manager
JV Driver is a large industrial construction company, offering a full range of services for the oil and gas, forestry, petrochemicals, energy and mining industries. Offering more than just technical expertise and a commitment to quality, we provide our clients with innovative, efficient solutions, and our team members with a safe, growth-oriented work environment.
JV Driver is currently looking for four Project Controls Managers for various projects in Alberta. The specific functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Primary duties and responsibilities of this role include:
- Initiating analysis as to schedule slippages and cost variances.
- Recommending mitigation for adverse variances.
- Coordinating the team's development of all deliverable's integrity and frequencies
- Ensuring that all Project Controls activities are in accordance with set project procedures and job instructions.
- Preparing schedules, cost reports, cash flow, and variance analyses
- Leading in the development of all reports indicated in the corporate reporting procedures as well as the client business requirements
- Discussing the cause-and-effect of schedule slippage and cost variances and poor PF, CPI, and SPI factors with shop management
- Responding to corporate office requests with regards to Project Controls deliverables and special studies
- Liaising on all Project Controls dealings and coordination, with client Project Controls requirements
- Attending weekly/monthly coordination meetings and highlighting adverse schedule and cost variances for corrective actions
- Ensuring and providing support to the Change Management system for both Schedule and cost an that this function is in line with corporate and/or project procedures
- Performing other related Project controls functions as required by the program director, such as assuming the roles and responsibilities of absent team members
The requirements and qualifications of this role include:
- At least five (5) years of experience working within a Project Controls Lead position
- A university education with applicable further development in Project Management
- Experience working within an Industrial Construction environment
- Strong coordination, problem solving and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- An ability to set and manage priorities to meet all deadlines
- A team player attitude
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List