Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
838392 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
September 28, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
November 27, 2012
JV Driver is a large industrial construction company, offering a full range of services for the oil and gas, forestry, petrochemicals, energy and mining industries. Offering more than just technical expertise and a commitment to quality, we provide our clients with innovative, efficient solutions, and our team members with a safe, growth-oriented work environment.
JV Driver is currently looking for ten Construction Managers for various projects in Alberta. The primary function of the Construction Manager is to be responsible for the completion of the industrial construction project and to ensure it runs as smoothly as possible. Under the direction of a Project Manager, the Construction Manager will plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate the activities of a project. The Construction Manager is a representative of JV Driver and will portray the company with a professional and business orientated demeanor.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Coordinate with the President of JV Driver on project requirements
- Comply with Quality and Safety programs and enforce strict compliance with the programs
- Responsible for ensuring Superintendents are completing their tasks
- Communication among all necessary departments to acquire answers to ensure project stays on track
- Responsible for delegating tasks to Superintendents in order to focus on pressing issues or concerns
- Prepare and submit construction budget estimates
- Plan and prepare construction schedules
- Monitor and report on project progress and monitor progress against established schedules
The requirements and qualifications of this role include:
- A Trade and/or Engineering background
- A minimum of ten years of experience working within an Industrial Construction Company
- Ten, or more, years of Canadian and/or United States experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in MS Office Package
- Strong coordination and organization skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Determination to set and manage priorities to meet all deadlines
- Ability to make decisions and ensure they are followed through
- Valid Drivers license would be an asset
n>An ability to set and manage priorities to meet all deadlines
A team player attitude
Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
16 - 20 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List