Mining & Metals
Bulk Material Handling Equipment
AutoCAD & Inventor skills
$90,000 to $110,000+ Super + Package
Exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer with a global company
Great career progression
Competitive package dependant on skills and experience
Our client, a Multinational organisation requires a Mechanical Engineer to work from their Gosford office. They design and manufacture special purpose machinery and Mining Equipment for a number of diverse industries including automotive, rail, mining & metals.
Due to rapid company expansion and an abundance of new exciting and innovative projects, they need a Mechanical Engineer to join their team at this exciting time.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will assure design quality and performance by complying the best engineering practice.
You’ll be working with their customers in the field at various mine sites, liaising with clients and suppliers on daily basis. You will use your product, application and engineering knowledge to manage automated products through their life from concept, design, manufacture through to the application and use of the product and back to rebuild. You will continually drive costs down while identifying opportunities to add value and increase safety.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with excellent engineering design capabilities, strong hydraulic and pneumatic experience, good business acumen who enjoys providing recommendations on the development of new equipment and modification to existing products. .
Those that have experience with materials handling equipment preferably in Mining environment will be preferred.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside industry specialists that offer a great working environment, excellent work life balance as well as career progression.
The successful Mechanical Engineer daily responsibilities will involve:
• Managing the design and manufacture of materials handling equipment for a variety of projects
• Assist in the production of Mechanical Designs – special purpose machinery for mining industry
• Deliver plans for Material & Bulk Material Handling projects
• Provide engineering support and technical clarification
• Participate in cost reduction to reduce manufacturing costs and optimize equipment designs
• Liaising front end with clients & suppliers
• Reports writing
To be considered you will have :
• Mechanical Engineering degree or Advance diploma
• Experience within a Manufacturing or Heavy Engineering environment
• 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• Previous exposure to AutoCAD and Inventor - Excellent designs skills
• Proven ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
• Bulk Material Handling / Mining & Metal Special Purpose Machinery Design Engineer experience is required
• Extensive exposure to Mechanical and Hydraulic systems is a must
• Excellent communication skills
• Underground Mining Equipment exposure would be highly regarded
• Strong focus on Product Development
• Excellent knowledge of risk assessment, safety, quality
• Strong business acumen with an ability to demonstrate strategic thinking
This is an excellent opportunity to develop and grow your career within a market leading mining client. Our client is offering tremendous and very competitive remuneration packages.