Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
839168 Job Summary
Design Draft Manager
Employer Job Id:
September 29, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
November 28, 2012
Design Draft Manager
Overseeing and directing a team of 5-15 drafting/design individuals.
This position has arisen due to the retirement of the current Design Draft Manager. The location of the role is in Calgary, AB and would suit someone with previous Lead or Draft Management experience ideally with exposure to site and shop detailing.
Our client, that provides design, fabrication, assembly, packing, pre-test, installation support, on-site commissioning, operator training and certification, start-up assistance, optimization and process troubleshooting services. Is looking for the right individual to join and grow with the company on a long term basis and lead the Design Draft department to continue to perform at the highest standards.
Duties for this role include:
- Coordination of Drafting & Design activities, development of department procedures and checking of drafting/design work of the department consisting of 5-15 individuals
- Converting piping engineering briefs and sketches into final designs
- Identifying the shortfall of information in the designs
- Incorporating any shortfall into the design/drawing prior to submission for checking
- Coordinating and incorporating changes that occur during the course of a project
- Informing the Project Engineer of all change requests in the design
- Ensuring the design and drafting complies with APSC procedures, applicable codes and standards
- Managing the work to ensure functional project requirements on scope and time are met
- A diploma in Engineering Design and Drafting Technology or equivalent
- Knowledge of computer applications for engineering including 3D CAD
- Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) preferred
- Superior communication skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Team player
- Ten or more years drafting experience in vessels and piping common to oil and gas and petrochemical plants
- Site and shop detailing experience
- Previous supervisory experience is required
This position offers an attractive base salary, min 5 weeks' vacation, every other Friday as an earned day off, on site gym, Healthcare / Wellness spending account, comprehensive benefits plan
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List