Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
839527 Job Summary
LEAD INSTRUMENTATION SPECIALIST
Employer Job Id:
October 2, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
December 1, 2012
LEAD INSTRUMENTATION SPECIALIST
About the job
Detailed Inst Design:
- Completion of a Technologist Diploma in Instrumentation Engineering Technology with +8 years industrial instrumentation experience in engineering and field design of projects.
- A sound technical knowledge/ experience in the application and selection of devices and components for instrumentation designs.
- Designing inst loops c/w a sound technical knowledge to defend the application and selection of inst devices within the loop
- Detailed inst design including interfacing to PLCs and DCS systems.
- Ownership mindset, ability to work independently in a Team environment with minimum of supervision, effective communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to develop 'turnkey type' details and processes from the start of project development engineering to project closure.
- The project life span shall be c/w quality cost estimates, detail design, documentation, cost and schedule management, commissioning, start-up, and a successful final turnover to Operations and Maintenance
- Competent computer skills (Microsoft Office toolset)
- Strength in planning, organizing, problem solving, development and review of options
- Self confidence, initiative and attention to details
- High level understanding of electrical ladder rung logics and PLC ladder logics
- Comprehensive review and design of 24vdc trip logic diagrams c/w cause and effect matrix
- Significant knowledge of Best Practices in an industrial environment
- Familiarity with INtools, analyzers, and Modbus communications
- Development of detailed and well documented Construction Work Packages (CWPkg)
Pre Commissioning Loop Function Checks:
- Sketch or detail design new inst loop diagrams, as-builts, IJBs, IPLs, etc.
- Systems I/O mapping
- List BOMs and spare parts.
- Setup new SAP functional locations, and Maintenance and Project files
- Write work procedures for the installation personnel, pre commissioning loop function checks, Operations and Maintenance commissioning procedures, and Operator training packages
Generate and / or modify existing trip logic and cause & effect diagrams
- Design and/or check the redundancy design of system communications and power supply for
- Assist planner with work planning by supplying design related details and procedures, perform field tour and reviewing the plan
- Specify all inst hardware and generate / update P&IDs
- Maintain and update project inst wiring and inst data sheets
- Where applicable, ensure the design meets or exceeds the requirements of SIL analysis / PHA / LOPA and SOC requirements
- PLC and DCS interfacing design for MCCs
Commissioning / Start-up:
- Active field support including troubleshooting
- Wiring checkouts
- All interfaces and HMI displays including local operational control panels/stations
- All inst devices within the inst loop diagram, trip logics, and MCC interface
- Communications to DCS and PLCs
- PSSR / Butt List
- Prior to Start-up the following items, but not necessarily limited to these, must be complete so
these must be addressed in the project work plans:
- Modifications to operational, start up and trip check procedures of Instrumentation and associated mechanical training
- Vendors' start up assistance
- Complete function check of all designed inst systems
Hands on experience on the following skills would be an asset:
- As Built mark-ups or INtooling (Drafting Dept / Outside procurement), if applicable, of all inst documentation including INtools data sheets.
- P&ID mark-ups.
- INtools hands-on design capabilities
- SAP familiarization
- Instrumentation or electrical journeyman or Professional engineering qualifications
- Wireless and fibre optics communications technology
- PLC and TDC programming
- ASET and ISA membership
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List