Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
839581 Job Summary
Engineer II – R&D
Employer Job Id:
September 29, 2012
November 28, 2012
Engineer II – R&D
Who is Mosaic ?
- The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com) , NYSE: MOS , headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
- We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Engineer II – R&D?
- We are currently seeking an Engineer II – R&D for our FishHawk, Florida location. The purpose of this position is to execute assigned research and development (R&D) projects, identify new R&D opportunities at assigned Phosphate locations and ensure appropriate use of technical resources in conjunction with project execution. Work directly with peers, plant operations personnel, other functional counterparts, and outside contractors to maximize plant efficiency/output/quality.
What will you do?
- Execute R&D projects (manage safety, scope, budget and schedule for small projects up to $250K/year). Provide feedback to stakeholders on projects, including progress, spend, deviations, etc.
- Identify technical gaps that hinder our ability to meet the business plan. Work closely with internal customers (operations, process engineering, project engineering, commercial, supply chain, marketing, safety, environmental) to identify transformational opportunities within the business. Propose innovative solutions to technical issues, using broad business resources and collaborative approach.
- Partner with Operations Management to understand plant production, quality and yield challenges. Identify resources and make recommendations in order to resolve these issues appropriately.
- Learn and monitor Phosphate industry fundamentals and how different external forces can impact business decisions, including raw materials (rock, sulfur, ammonia, energy, logistics), agronomy, farmer economics, etc. Continual pursuit of new technology, innovation, and process knowledge (regardless of application or source) in order to drive improvement in Mosaic’s Phosphate operations.
- Manage safety and environmental compliance. Maintain vigilance related to issues and conditions that can affect fellow workers. Work to mitigate any issues that can impact human safety and environmental compliance.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelor Degree in engineering discipline required.
- Mechanical/ Chemical engineering degree is preferred.
- 2-5 years of industry experience required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Emphasis on Excel and Word skills. Applicable plant operations software.
- Free thinker – ability to challenge paradigms and still maintain relationships. Participate in and create a culture of open innovation. Personal desire to grow in technical and business acumen.
- Physical work environment includes occasionally working outdoors with exposure to varying degrees of hot and cold environments.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform other job functions.
- Must be able to safely perform the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Able to lift approximately 0-25 lbs. unassisted and regularly.
- Able to climb stairs and work at various heights.
- Able to hear, with or without correction.
- Able to read, write and understand basic English.
- Able to see, with or without correction.
- Able to travel unassisted.
- Able to work rotating shifts and overtime as required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Selected candidates will be required to successfully complete the following:
- Post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Safety and Training Officer
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List