Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
839608 Job Summary
Senior Structural Engineer
Employer Job Id:
New York, NY
September 29, 2012
Gannett Fleming, Inc.
November 28, 2012
Senior Structural Engineer
- Gannett Fleming is a global planning, design, and construction management firm with more than 60 offices worldwide. Founded in 1915, we have fostered a culture of service and innovation with more than 2,000 diverse and talented professionals. Consistently ranked among the nation’s most prestigious engineering firms, we provide multi-discipline engineering services, including civil, transportation, environmental, structural, and construction management. We are committed to amaze our clients by providing customized solutions that improve our communities and sustain the world – from award-winning roadways to vital environmental systems to patented technology.
- Our New York Office is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer capable of leading others and making sound engineering decisions for various infrastructure type projects. Candidate must possess a proven ability and track record of sound engineering judgment supported by successful projects in the New York Metro area. Work includes task management and directing structural engineers towards meeting client goals including meeting budgets and schedules. The Candidate will be viewed as a technical expert in structural engineering. Various project types include office building design, tunnel inspection and rehabilitation, rail station design, rail bridge design, water treatment facilities, as well as various structural designs for private and public clients.
- The Candidate will be responsible for structural design of projects including leading and mentoring structural engineers, ability to perform peer review and to accept other peer review comments, support various project managers and projects, ability to multi-task and prioritize workload, and the flexibility towards completing various project deadlines. The Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and capable of presenting findings internally and externally.
- The Candidate must be familiar with NY Metro clients including PANY&NJ, MTA-LIRR, MTA-MNR, MTA-TBTA, NJ Transit, NYSDOT, NYCDOT, NJDOT, NJTP, NJP, etc. including all related codes such as IBC, NYS Building Code, NYC Building Code, AREMA, ACI, AISC, ASCE7. The Candidate must possess expert experience in structural analysis programs including clear and proven approach methodologies with the ability to validate the results.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide structural expertise in a group setting.
- Ability to develop structural drawings in a concise and relevant manner.
- Develop structural systems and guide structural staff towards completing tasks.
- Ability to fully understand geometry as it relates to roadways, rail stations, and DOT type projects.
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCad and Microstation, including ability to define CAD requirements for projects.
- Ability to work with various offices and to coordinate with various disciplines in a positive and productive manner.
- Review structural drawings for applicability towards client’s requirements.
- Meet project schedules and budgets.
- Ability to travel up to 4 days per month for project meetings.
- Lead project meetings and develop action plans.
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering (MSCE) required
- 10-15 years of structural design
- 2-5 years of project management assistance
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in New York or New Jersey required.
- Expert knowledge of structural analysis and design software including STAAD Pro; Ram Steel
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD, and working knowledge of Microstation
- Knowledgeable in BIM technology and software such as Revit and Microstation
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Highly proficient in MS Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List