Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
839763 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
October 1, 2012
November 30, 2012
- Reporting to the Plant Business Manager with dotted line reporting to Regional Purchasing Manager, this position is responsible for the purchasing function at the Cupertino Cement Plant by obtaining materials and services to meet the plant’s needs and interacts with Corporate and Regional Purchasing to effectively implement purchasing programs and strategies.
- Purchases and develops contracts for plant materials and services; including raw materials and maintenance contracts ensuring they are obtain within ongoing cost reduction efforts.
- Supervises purchasing staff and processes and provides guidance and training to staff to meet goals and objectives of the department.
- Participates in purchasing planning and budget development.
- Works with Corporate purchasing staff on fuel, electric power and natural gas contracts.
- Ensures efficient use of SAP in the purchasing process.
- Studies markets, suppliers and economic climate for price trends, material availability and lead times.
- Works in a team environment to develop new sources of supply ensuring acceptance by end-user.
- Seeks opportunities to reduce costs without compromising quality.
- Ensures inventory levels are maintained at appropriate levels as to limit excess while meeting plant needs without interruption and coordinates purchasing activities with other departments to maintain inventory at predetermined levels.
- Negotiates with suppliers to obtain optimal products and pricing.
- Participates in problem resolution with suppliers for material quality or customer service problems.
- Maintains records of materials, prices, inventories, and deliveries and prepares purchasing inventory reports.
- Follows up on outstanding purchase orders and expedites the purchase and delivery of materials, supplies, or parts.
- Reviews purchase requisitions and prepares purchase orders, consults catalogs and other references to obtain prices and specifications, contacts vendors and suppliers for quotes, and sources new suppliers as needed or to increase purchasing power.
- Ensures compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures including implementation of Group guidelines, performing trainings, monitoring compliance etc.
- Proactively manages the health & safety of employees to continuously improve the company’s health & safety performance.
- Bachelor’s degree and Preferred CPM – Purchasing Certification.
- Minimum 5 years heavy Industrial experience in a purchasing function, inventory control or logistics management.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Computer skills including SAP experience and demonstrated experience in process improvement, forecasting, replenishment systems and inventory control.
- Advanced Excel (pivot tables, macros) Access and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated success in using key specifications to develop RFQ’s and analyze competing technical bids.
- Successful track record of managing complex projects with project plans, milestones, actions and owners.
- Demonstrated success in using cost driver analysis in negotiations.
- Demonstrated success in complex negotiations.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up.
- Understanding of key supplier performance measures and ways to influence.
- Effective communicator and team player.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List