Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
839874 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
October 2, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 1, 2012
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Designer for a permanent role in Calgary, AB.
Scope of Work:
- Responsible for creating and maintaining three dimensional models and drawings of standard manufactured equipment parts and assemblies in accordance with defined standards
- Prepare layouts and drawings of assemblies, installations and systems.
- Make standard corrections and revisions to documentation, as needed
- Utilize design and drafting software to develop layouts of new design concepts under close direction of an Engineer
- Draw components and assemblies in three dimensional solids using design and drafting software under the close direction of a Senior Designer or Engineer
- Create standard two dimensional component drawings, fabrications, schematics (hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical) from three dimensional models or in two dimensional drawings
- Create basic two dimensional assembly and installation drawings from models
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings and schematics
- Modify standard three dimensional models and two dimensional drawings and create Engineering Change Notices (ECN's) in accordance with company standards
- Interface with shop staff to examine fit up and other issues
- A technical diploma and four to seven years related experience within the oilfield services / manufacturing industry or a mechanical engineering degree with three to five years of experience within the oilfield services industry
- Inventor, ProEng, Solid works or similar three dimensional solid modeling / CAD package software design and drafting experience or training is required
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type
- Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea
- Proficient in one of the three dimensional solid modeling/CAD package software is required
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook). Prior training and experience with JD Edwards One World software is preferred
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List