Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
840198 Job Summary
Senior Design Engineer (civil)
Employer Job Id:
Sugar Land, TX
October 2, 2012
Fluor Corporation (US)
December 1, 2012
Senior Design Engineer (civil)
Overall Purpose of Job:
- Under General Supervision, having oversight of a specific area with final results examined for effectiveness, by Management of Fluor or its subsidiaries (indicated as “the Company”), the purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative and technical knowledge and direction for the job functions listed below with the objective of ensuring Fluor's competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value.
Perform all or most of the duties outlined:
- Directly responsible for the complete Civil, Engineering and Design work for a specific project.
- Develop job organization/planning.
- Develop Obtain site data reports.
- Resolve constructability philosophy issues.
- Participate and maintain job schedule and progress reporting of Civil activities.
- Prepare and monitor home office budget and manpower forecasts.
- Establish Civil Design criteria.
- Prepare Civil material and construction specifications.
- Squad check vendor data and other discipline's drawings.
- Prepare preliminary or final designs and material take-offs for estimate.
- Prepare grading and drainage engineering analysis and design.
- Prepare applicable sections for material procurement, subcontract, and permit activities.
- Travel, as required, to assure successful execution of project and department goals.
- Provide field assistance as required.
- Provide guidance/supervision to other engineers.
- Project closeout activities.
- Assist as requested, in the development of department standards and procedures.
- Assist with department duties, or with other company functions outside the department.
- Develops and builds client relations
- Provides close interface with, and promotes the understanding of, other discipline functions
- Generally favorable indoor office workspace.
Basic Job Requirements
- An accredited Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, and
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in civil design and analysis for Petrochemical/Oil & Gas facilities.
- Design experience shall be recent, involving current codes and standards.
- Minimum 5 years of lead experience to serve in Lead Civil Engineer role is preferred.
Other Job Requirements
- Good verbal and written (e-mail, internet messaging) communication skills.
- Professional Registration preferred
- Proficient with hydrology/hydraulics analysis and design software (Civil/Storm and StormCAD are preferred.)
- Experience with Civil project front end engineering and estimating.
- Proficient with basic computer skills and software (i.e., MS Word, MS Excel).
- Experience in tracking progress, budgets, and schedules.
- Experience in design of roads and facilities supporting heavy haul operations is preferred.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 -5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List