Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
840237 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
October 2, 2012
TXI Riverside Cement Co.
December 1, 2012
- Leads and integrates Human Resources systems requirements with TXI’s overall Information Systems strategic plan. Responsible for the liaison and coordination of HRIS projects including systems development, implementation, training and maintenance. Acts as editor/publisher for the HR Department website to ensure consistency. Reports to the Director, Human Resources and Labor Relations.
- Analyzes Human Resources requirements and develops short and long term program solutions and procedures to improve existing systems (i.e., Ceridian and Kronos) considering HR needs, equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results.
- Acts as liaison between Human Resources and other TXI organizations (Business Units, Information Systems, Payroll, and Accounting).
- Plan, develop, and coordinate original and upgraded vendor/software efforts for HR systems. Writes descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify systems. In addition, supplies all needed documentation for HR systems including (a) systems documentation, (b) program documentation, (c) data entry, and/or processing instructions, (d) user manuals, and (e) classroom training manuals.
- Provides training to various user groups on the use of Ceridian Self-Service, TXI University, and Ceridain Recruiting system, and travels to various company locations to assist in “hands-on” training.
- Assists department staff with technical issues related to the use of HRIS systems. Assists staff in the creation of more difficult queries to select and compile information from the HRIS system as needed.
- Troubleshoots unusual data entry situations, problems with report writing, payroll issues, etc.
- Conducts studies, defines future HRIS requirements, assists with proper prioritization, and develops overall project plans for management’s review and approval.
- Provides project oversight from design through implementation. Identifies, tracks, monitors and communicates on project-related issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that occur during the course of projects.
- Leads the creation and maintenance of documentation, processes, and forms needed to facilitate HR activities and systems (i.e., Ceridian and Kronos).
- Establishes and maintains HR systems security.
- Design and implement monitoring and reporting methods that will measure the effectiveness of the Company’s equal employment and Affirmative Action Program.
- Assures SOX compliance and other internal/external audit requirements for HR.
- Analyzes requests, writes and customizes statistical summaries and special reports as needed.
- Performs other job-related tasks as assigned.
Minimum Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Considerable knowledge of computer operations and computer systems analysis.
- A minimum of 5 years prior related experience.
- Ceridian experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Possesses a working knowledge of the Human Resources functions or the ability to learn quickly.
- Must be capable of planning and working independently.
- Must have previous and demonstrable project management experience.
- Must be proficient in report writing systems and the complete Microsoft office program suite.
- Experience with relational databases, preferably Oracle.
- Requires skills in organizing, planning, and analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and constant interruptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift and carry up to 5 pounds from ground to waist, visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination, manual dexterity, repetitive motion, standing, sitting (must be able to set for extended periods of time up to 8 hours), walking, climbing stairs, bending and stooping, and the ability to drive.
- Most time is spent in an air conditioned office environment with occasional outside assignments which may require short periods of work in all weather conditions i.e. heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List