Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
841196 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 20, 2013
August 20, 2013
Description and Desired Qualifications
- Our Project Engineer position will offer you an exciting opportunity to help our Power Industry Clients provide a safe and reliable source of electric power to heat homes and schools, run factories, and provide goods and services we all depend upon. Each day your expertise in Project Engineering for the Power industry will enable our utility clients to meet the power needs of their customers.
- Our Project Engineer:
- Designs, coordinates and communicates deliverables per client and company specifications
- Develops the scope of engineering work, schedules, deliverables lists and budgets for the assigned project elements
- Establishes Safety, Health and Environmental requirements with the project team and addresses safety training needs and resources
- Provides design safety considerations in the overall design of the project
- Monitors, quantifies and reports progress to maintain schedules and budgets; identifies and documents changes in scope
- Assures quality control processes are followed and technical disciplines compliance on projects
- Provides documentation associated with project (i.e. control of drawing packages, bid package preparation, planning and scheduling)
- Develops technical specifications for materials and construction
- Assists in development of Total Install cost estimates
- Interacts with discipline leads to ensure compliance with project objectives and contract requirements
- Evaluates materials and construction bids
- Manages and leads meetings, including bid presentation and opening meetings, technical reviews, and Client/Customer meetings
- Provides client presentations to support engineering or EPC execution, including travel to sites and client interviews
- Provides technical support during construction as required
- Complies with applicable regulations and client guidelines for design, project documentation and records
- Works effectively without direct supervision, interfaces with a variety of people and manages competing demands, accepts criticism and constructive feedback while being adaptable and flexible
- Delivers scope estimating and execution of all forms of consulting engineering, including on-site due diligence investigations, technology evaluations, report development and writing of the report, cost and performance evaluations and recommendations.
- CH2M Hill will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc) to fill this position. Applicants who are not authorized to work in the US will not be considered for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Power Plant design, construction and operation
- Previous experience as a Project Manager in a consulting environment, or Project Engineer in an EPC environment
- Substantial technical knowledge of the Power industry
- Previous experience in a lead role in project execution for Power Plant service work and EPC projects
- Combined Cycle Power Plant design experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft tools such as MS Word, Outlook, Excel
- 15 or more years of experience in Power Plant design, construction and operation
- Related experience in business development and leading proposal teams
- Related experience in renewable Power technologies
- Plant operations experience
- Experience in Coal, SRC and FGD and AQCS
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline from an accredited college or university is required
- P.E Registration is required
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List