Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
841877 Job Summary
Staff Geologist / Hydrogeologist
Employer Job Id:
October 10, 2012
ERM (Environmental Resources Management)
December 10, 2012
Staff Geologist / Hydrogeologist
- ERM is seeking a motivated Staff Geologist / Hydrogeologist to join our consulting firm in Austin, TX. The successful candidate will work on a variety of interesting site investigation and remediation projects at industrial projects sites. This is a great opportunity to work with ERM's technical experts to implement the latest investigation and remediation technologies, while building the required experience to obtain your professional registration.
- Conduct field work, including:
- Subcontractor oversight.
- Soil and bedrock drilling, characterization, and sampling.
- Monitoring well installation and test pit excavation.
- Soil, sediment, sanitary system, surface water, and groundwater sampling.
- Surface and borehole geophysical techniques.
- Aquifer testing, including slug tests, packer testing; step-drawdown and tracer tests.
- Remedial systems performance monitoring.
- Assist in project activity planning, and health and safety planning and oversight.
- Record data and assist in technical presentation of results; prepare reports, tables, graphs, charts, and hydrogeologic-related maps.
- Perform detailed analysis of three-dimensional groundwater flow problems in overburden and fractured bedrock aquifers.
- Provide topical research and assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Understand and compliance with budget/schedule expectations and scope of assignments.
- Bachelors in geology, hydrogeology, or related discipline; Masters a plus. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Recent graduate to 7 years of experience, including willingness/interest in field assignments.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols and a good driving record.
- Valid driver’s license.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training, or willingness to receive training.
- Ability to succeed in a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines.
- Local candidates preferred.
- ERM is the world's leading provider of environmental, health and safety, risk and social consulting services. We have over 140 offices in 40 countries and employ around 4,000 professionals, providing the best global platform in the industry. For more than 30 years, we have been delivering innovative solutions to leading business and government clients, to help them manage environmental risks and challenges within their organizations. In doing so, we have become one of the world’s largest and most successful environmental consulting firms offering a range of compliance assurance, impact assessment planning, site investigation and remediation, and corporate advisory services.
- Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List