Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
841958 Job Summary
Senior Process Safety & Risk Consultant
Employer Job Id:
March 22, 2013
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
May 22, 2013
Senior Process Safety & Risk Consultant
- [Company] is seeking a Senior Process Safety & Risk Consultant to join our North America Risk practice team in Houston, TX. As a senior leader, your primary responsibilities will be to provide technical leadership to a team of consultants, deliver high-profile projects, generate new business, and develop excellent client relationships. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior-level professional looking to advance their career with a global environmental leader, while networking with [Company] global Risk practice team to share best practices across the industry.
- Manage hazard and risk assessments for oil and gas exploration, production, midstream, refining, distribution, and retail facilities through formal safety assessments and safety case development.
- Manage and perform detailed risk studies and robust technically sound analysis based on reasoned argument and defensible data/information. Typical analysis and studies include:
- Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- Hazard Identification (HAZID)
- Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOP)
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) models
- Bow-Tie Diagramming (prevention/recovery analysis)
- Consequence modeling
- Cost/benefit analysis
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) studies
- Recommend improvements/changes to design to reduce risk or improve client’s operations.
- Manage the preparation and facilitate safety workshops (i.e., HAZIDS, HAZOPS, ALARP), including timely client reporting.
- Manage safety cases, including developing facility descriptions, safety, management system descriptions, and formal safety assessment summaries.
- Prepare high-quality reports with clear diagrams and fully explained analysis and calculations.
- Manage multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business to grow the Risk practice.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development with existing and new clients.
- Appropriately delegate project assignments to project teams and mentor junior staff.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other [Company] employees.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in mechanical, chemical, or process engineering, or related engineering discipline from accredited (by Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) institution in America or from top university abroad.
- 10+ years’ experience in safety and risk engineering, preferably in oil and gas.
- In-depth understanding of local off-shore and on-shore safety regulations and safety case requirements in regulated regimes such as Australia and UK.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills; experience writing comprehensive technical reports.
- Certification in field; PE, CSP, or similar registration highly desirable.
- [Company] is the world's leading provider of environmental, health and safety, risk and social consulting services. We have 130 offices in 40 countries, employing 3,600 professionals, providing the best global platform in the industry. For more than 30 years, we have been delivering innovative solutions to leading business and government clients, to help them manage environmental risks and challenges within their organizations. In doing so, we have become one of the world’s largest and most successful environmental consulting firms offering a range of compliance assurance, impact assessment planning, site investigation and remediation, and corporate advisory services.
- Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List