Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
842219 Job Summary
Project Engineer, Mechanical
Employer Job Id:
October 5, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 4, 2012
Project Engineer, Mechanical
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer to work with a Calgary manufacturer.
Scope of Work:
Responsible for managing the design, development and project planning for the mechanical assemblies of mobile oilfield equipment.
- Design, plan and analyze mechanical assemblies, sub assemblies and components, including but not limited to HSE design, product layout, hydraulics, weight distribution, pneumatics, human factors engineering design, mechanical design, and load/stress analysis.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Assess mechanical engineering needs pertaining to new projects and apply existing engineering design or develop new designs as appropriate to meet identified needs.
- Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding product specifications and manufacturing capabilities to achieve desired design.
- Maintain documentation necessary to fulfill regulatory requirements including ISO 9001:2008.
- Delegate work to and direct Designers and/or Drafters and/or Engineers in the development of complex new designs or the implementation of Engineering Change Requests (ECR's). Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products, using drafting tools or computer-assisted design/drafting equipment and software.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Investigate complex equipment failures and system malfunctions and recommend design modifications to eliminate such equipment or system malfunctions.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Select and manage the responsibilities of outside engineering firms engaged in completing project various components.
- Develop and recommend plans for implementation and administration of projects.
- Serve as the customer's advocate on the project, including coordination of customer communication, and requested project change orders. Ensure customer expectations are met by the company.
- Ensure the company meets customer delivery expectations by anticipating issues and implementing corrective action plans on an ongoing basis. Correct shortfalls in all project goals including delivery, P&L, quality and engineering issues.
- Review new sales contracts to ensure the anticipated Bill of Material (BOM) cost of project and structure matches with manufacturing requirements BOM.
- Conduct post project review to assess the success and/or failure of completed projects. Review findings and evaluate the financial, quality, and production processes of the project and recommend alternatives or adjustments to correct any problems identified, or solidify successes for current and future projects.
- A Bachelor's Degree in engineering and seven to ten years related experience within the mobile oilfield equipment industry.
- Working knowledge of industry standards such as API, ASME, CWB, CE-ATEX and OH&S.
- Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion or job type.
- Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Ability to organize and direct a project to completion
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List