Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
842599 Job Summary
Equipment Operator / Driver - Temp / Flex
Employer Job Id:
October 5, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 4, 2012
Equipment Operator / Driver - Temp / Flex
Description and Desired Qualifications
- This job posting is based on anticipated work. Should we be the successful bidder, this job will become immediately available.
- Operates equipment requiring a Class A CDL delivering and removing fluids and miscellaneous oilfield equipment at locations throughout the North slope
- The position is located on the North Slope and requires a rotational work schedule. Relocation assistance to Alaska is not provided; however transportation between Anchorage and Prudhoe Bay is provided. Room and meals are provided while in Prudhoe Bay.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete pre and post trip inspections of trucks/trailers/equipment
- Complete SETA (Safety, Environmental Task Assignment) prior to starting any job
- Adhere to all North slope and [Company] health, safety and environment policies and procedures at all times
- Safely secure all loads
- Safely drive equipment to dispatched locations to load/offload fluids
- Maintain equipment in good/clean working order.
- Maintain communications with dispatch and clients
- Attend all tool box and safety meetings
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Ability to read maps
- Ability to follow detailed directions
- Ability to complete task hazard awareness and mitigation
- Ability to safely drive and back in congested areas and in severe weather conditions
- Knowledge of standard DOT regulations
- Basic knowledge of hauling fluids/solids
- Must be able to follow all company, client, safety and regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, policies, procedures, standards and guidelines as they relate to this position and the work duties being performed
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is required to:
- Must have ability to stand, walk on level, uneven, and slippery surfaces, sit, squat, kneel, reach through low and high ranges and exhibit normal balance and coordination. These basic physical requirements are essential for safe performance of the job in harsh environments with exposure to very cold temperatures and while wearing arctic gear.
- Lift 40 lbs from floor to knuckles x 5 with a 12 second interval
- Lift 35 lbs from floor to waist x 2 with a 12 second interval
- Lift 18 lbs from floor to shoulder with a 12 second interval
- Carry Test: Carry 40 lbs with two hands for 50 feet x 2; self-paced, but continuous; allow a 60 second rest break between carry tests, i.e. after 50 feet
- Stairs: Walk up and down 5 steps x 10 for a total of 50 steps, self-paced and continuous.
- Slanted ladder: Climb up and down 5 rungs x 10 for a total of 50 rungs; self-paced allow a 60 second rest break after climbing up and down 30 rungs
- Repetitive Stoop Test: Perform from standing position, bend forward at waist as far as possible without bending the knees with hands reaching toward the floor x 10, self-paced but continuous
- Repetitive Kneel Test: Perform from standing, kneel on one knee, alternate from left to right knee x 5 each knee
- Repetitive Squat Test: Perform a functional squat and stand x 5
- Twist and Flex Test: Perform from standing alternate toe touches x 5 to each side to assess ability to twist and flex the trunk repetitively
- This job description is intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of the job incumbents.
- Valid Class A CDL driver's license with Tanker and Haz-Mat endorsements and ability to be insured by [Company] auto insurer required
- Current CDL/DOT medical card required
- Petrochemical, oilfield or arctic experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List