Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
842687 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
October 5, 2012
Consol Energy Inc.
December 4, 2012
- Plans, schedules and directs a variety of tasks in the operation, maintenance, repair and calibration of the equipment, instruments, processes and support systems of an industrial water/ wastewater treatment facility.
- Commit to CONSOL's "Absolute Zero" approach to safety.
- Schedules work to be performed and determines types and quantities of materials required to perform such work.
- Applies knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of industrial treatment processes and conveyance system operations including but not limited to water/wastewater and remediation treatment systems.
- Develops safety, operations and maintenance strategies, and enforces all safety regulations and procedures.
- Performs routine inspections on safety, operations, maintenance and calibration log records to ensure company and regulatory agencies (such as NPDES, MSHA and OSHA) compliance.
- Provides reports as requested by management on operations and maintenance tasks scheduled and performed.
- Determines remedial action in emergencies.
- Performs operations and maintenance activities including the collection of samples and performance of routine laboratory tests and analyses on plant influent, effluent, processes and industrial discharges.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses and repairs facility equipment and instrumentation or coordinates repairs.
- Utilizes data management tools for daily process control, such as computer spreadsheets and programs, maintains records and prepares reports.
- Generates scope of work, specification, cost estimates and training for all aspects of maintenance, repairs and construction work.
- Supervises all preventive and corrective maintenance on facility.
- Works with equipment manufacturer to determine equipment installation needs, preventive maintenance requirements and insures that all warranties are maintained.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Follows oral and written directions.
- Understands and follows sound safety principles and practices.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- MSHA Experienced Miner certification – Surface.
- MSHA Electrical certification – Surface.
- Two years technical training in electrical, mechanical or instrumentation technology.
- Supervisory certification at a level required by the State and the project.
- Possess or ability to obtain other certifications or licenses as required for the specific location.
- Five years’ experience in the operation and maintenance of industrial facilities.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, twist and bend at the waist, turn, kneel, squat, raise arms above shoulder height, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements and fine coordination to work on equipment, have vision sufficient to read computer screens, printed documents and operate office equipment; have hearing in the normal range with or without correction. In an 12-hour shift must be able to transport self across the facility, ascend and descend stair steps, lift objects up to 50 pounds from floor level to waist height, climb and work off of a ladder or scaffold and climb into and out of vehicles having high ground clearance; use arms and back to tighten and loosen nuts and bolts; carry a 50 pound tool box up a flight of stairs; work in confined spaces and wear and use appropriate safety equipment.
- Knowledge of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and data management software.
- Expertise in the understanding of industrial production techniques and their chemistry as it relates to an industrial water/wastewater treatment facility; knowledge of the principles of supervision and training; principles of budget preparation and expenditure control; safe work practices; and related state and federal laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting 480v or lower electrical circuitry, 4-20 ma, 0-5 v controllers, ultrasonic and conductivity level indicators, relays, pH, DO and conductivity meter and understanding in PLCs and ladder logic.
- Willingness to cross train and assist in both maintenance and operations areas.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing both inside and outside the organization.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List