Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
842700 Job Summary
Business Affairs Manager
Employer Job Id:
Salt Lake City, UT
October 5, 2012
December 4, 2012
Business Affairs Manager
About Dyno Nobel
- Dyno Nobel , a wholly owned subsidiary of Incitec Pivot Limited , is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America and Australia, as well as selected customers in the Asia Pacific region. Due to continued results and world-leading innovation, customers in the mining, quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries choose Dyno Nobel .
Responsible for the following:
- Act as a key member of the Incitec Pivot Limited (IPL) Group Corporate Affairs team in managing the reputation of the IPL Group with specific responsibility for Dyno Nobel Americas (DNA) .
- Strategic corporate affairs / internal communication advice and implementation to the President and leadership team of DNA .
- Provide advice and manage stakeholder engagement with Government, media, communities, employees and other stakeholders for DNA’s business.
- Partner with the Business Internal Communications Manager in delivering internal communications for the DNA business.
- In conjunction with Corporate functions and DNA management, contribute internal and external communications expertise to the development of IPL Group Culture, to the Values and to the delivery of Business Excellence (BEx).
- Manage reputation risk management with the delivery of commercial and financial outcomes for DNA’s business including manufacturing sites.
- Advise, assist, coordinate, and collaborate on initiatives of the President.
- Serve as liaison between President and both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for the harmonious flow of staffing related issues, program details, and executive management.
- Oversight of ongoing executive projects and initiatives, ensuring adherence to critical paths.
- Manage operating processes, and action items on behalf of President.
- Act as strategic corporate affairs and communications advisor to the President and leadership team of DNA .
- Direct internal and external message for the President of DNA in communicating and building engagement for the DNA strategy.
- Communicate and localize key IPL announcements for DNA including corporate communications, ASX Announcements and results, and M&A announcements.
- Set strategy and direction, protecting the DNA brand & reputation through effective public, community, media and government relations.
- Develop and deliver media and public affairs strategies to support the business and to promote key initiatives.
- Support and monitor local issues for DNA in line with Group Corporate Affairs issues management processes and team.
- Support and communicate sustainability agenda for the business for increased stakeholder engagement.
- Manage special projects as assigned by President.
- Work directly with President throughout the day; on reasonable call after hours as necessary to assist with business and/or personal matters.
- Manage the President’s business and private calendars to ensure meetings, tasks, and appointments are kept in order of priority; ensure appropriate life/work balance is kept.
- Manage all communications, including but not limited to: mail, telephone, fax, email, newsletters, social media, etc. for both personal and business matters; includes following up with senders and making arrangements as required.
- Assist with personal interactions with internal staff, including managers, directors and VPs.
- Maintain relevant business and personal files in electronic and/or hard copy format; provide information as needed.
- Manage operating committees and decision boards on behalf of President.
- Complete personal and business-related errands as required.
- Support other administrative personnel/managers as needed.
Decision Making Authority:
- Responsible for strategic direction of all internal and external messaging for DNA with IPL .
- Responsible for DNA reputation issues.
- Responsible for DNA Government relations.
- Decides how and when to present corporate issues to ensure that they are considered, appropriate action is taken, and the results are communicated in a timely manner.
- Establishment of best practice for execution of responsibilities.
- Communicating internally a new strategy for the DNA business.
- Operating from end to end: drafting communications to strategic advice on industry direction and crisis management.
- Managing reputation/image with regards industry uncontrollable (e.g. crisis management)
- Drive internal engagement and support of new communication policies and procedures / change management.
- Working with cultural diversity across Americas.
- Must have an intimate understanding of organizational hierarchy, company culture, and functional structure.
- Effectively manage multiple relationships and responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- High level of business professionalism and acumen.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to embrace change in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with popular forms of social media.
- Self-directed/Proactive/Naturally entrepreneurial.
- Ability to anticipate needs and respond rapidly as challenges surface and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to manage confidential material, including personal business/personal matters.
- High level of diplomacy, tact and discretion.
- Interpersonal Behavior & Leadership Skills.
- Customer Focus.
- Technically Literate.
- Negotiation Skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, MBA from accredited institution preferred.
- 10+ yrs Communications / Corporate Affairs experience.
- Extremely proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Software, including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Extremely proficient in the use of schedule tracking/management software.
- Skilled in proofreading, and editing.
- Ability to effectively articulate and present complex material.
- Brand Management, Issues Management, Internal and External Communications, Media management, stakeholder engagement – community, industry and government.
Work Environment and Physical Conditions:
- Work in an office environment.
- Long periods of computer and office machine use.
- Requires sitting, stooping and kneeling for filing, use of hands and fingers, ability to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk short distances.
- The employee may need to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List