Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
843382 Job Summary
Business Development Lead
Employer Job Id:
Greenwood Village, CO
October 6, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 5, 2012
Business Development Lead
Description and Desired Qualifications
- Our Business Development Leader will develop, sustain, and grow our business in the midstream and upstream oil and gas markets in the Western United States to achieve the highest growth in revenue and profitability. The incumbent is responsible primarily for delivering results for the Pipeline and Terminals delivery team as well as expanding into serving new clients in the Bakken and Niobrara shale basins in both the Upstream and Midstream Sectors. This role achieves results through effective direct sales, excellent internal coordination and communication and leadership in creating winning proposals. Each day you will work in a collaborative, cross functional team environment to build business for the Oil and Gas Market in our Western Region. You should be a self-motivated professional with a Bachelor's Degree and 15 years of experience. You should have a desire to grow personally and professionally with each Professional Services project won. You should also have a reasonable understanding of cross country pipelines, gathering systems, pipeline and upstream facilities and petroleum liquids terminals.
Our Business Development Midstream and Upstream Market Leader West:
- Externally recognized by and currently connected to the pipelines and terminals market in the Western U.S.
- Identifies and leads capturing the Business Group's strategic clients and quality revenue-generating opportunities in the pipeline and terminals sector of the oil and gas Industry
- Keeps abreast of developments in the industry through participation in professional organizations, and develops and maintains strong relationships with pipeline and terminals clients to maximize project opportunities
- Serves as a Pipeline and Terminals team advocate and coordinator for strategic pipelines and terminals related projects and pursuits across the firm's regions and Business Groups
- Identifies and analyzes market trends and principal market drivers based on such factors as regulations, the economy, political considerations, and competitive information; and develops strategies responsive to these market changes and opportunities
- Develops and manages budgets associated with both market development and specific project developmental efforts
- Coordinates the planning, positioning and persuasion processes associated with pursuit of specific project opportunities, including identifying proposal and delivery teams within the firm
- Establishes and maintains prospect tracking and sales forecasting tools for all work within the pipeline and terminals sector
- Participates in strategic planning in the pipeline and terminals group activities as required
- Provides tactical recommendations for implementing specific market and project development strategies
- Track teams, partnerships, alliances, and joint ventures in the pipeline and terminals sector
- Stewards the development of strategic clients, and prioritizes and/or leads strategic sales efforts.
- Support community and business organizational involvement within the pipelines and terminals sector
- Support business unit strategic planning and annual business planning processes.
- Integrate marketing and communication components (i.e., public relations, community relations, media, etc.) with strategic and tactical plans.
- Endorse and leverages Enterprise business development and project delivery processes and tools.
- Contribute to the development and execution of plans for delivering on functional, business group, or regional business development strategy.
- Apply quality management processes.
- Develop and implement work plan for area of responsibility (including schedule and budget).
- Ensure Enterprise health and safety policies and procedures are met.
- Assist in the development of pipelines and terminals projects, clients and teams in other regions in North America.
- Communicate with the leadership team in pipelines and terminals and the Western Region.
- Effectively communicate with leadership, peers, and direct reports.
- Possess excellent oral, written, and platform communication skills.
- Develop network across multiple business units
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering or similar
- Minimum 5 years in a business development, project management or leadership position in the Oil & Gas Pipeline industry
- Minimum 10 years in the Oil & Gas industry or other heavy industrial engineering
- 10 or more years in a business development role in the Midstream or Upstream oil and gas markets
- 15 or more years in engineering
- Master’s Degree in business administration or engineering
- Professional Engineer designation
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
21 - 25 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List