Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
843525 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
Puget Sound Area, WA
October 6, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 5, 2012
- The CAD Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the CAD group as well as developing complex layout and design drawings using a variety of CAD software. Preference for this position is to be based in Tacoma, WA but consideration will be given to our Seattle and Redmond locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads CAD staff companywide, providing regular coaching, mentorship and professional development guidance.
- Coordinates CAD workflow across all locations, ensuring that production from CAD staff meets high quality, accuracy and effectiveness standards.
- Develops complex layout and design drawings utilizing theoretical and practical design knowledge, primarily for civil engineer (earthwork) projects.
- Ensures that drawings conform to applicable industry standards and codes, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Utilizes AutoCAD and related programs for production of engineering design drawings. Utilize more advanced software to complete assignments as deemed appropriate.
- Gains advanced knowledge of functionality between CAD and GIS data sets and incorporates that knowledge into daily work.
- Develops new company CAD procedures, work practices and technology to grow CAD design related capability and capacity.
- Partner with Principals and Associates, project managers and team leaders to write proposals, budget and plan design work, and manage CAD resources to produce high quality engineering design drawings.
- 2 year technical degree from an accredited design/drafting program (or equivalent). A minimum of five years related experience, including two years of experience managing the CAD function of an engineering-oriented professional services firm. Advanced PC proficiency with CAD technology, including recent versions of AutoCAD, Civil 3D and MicroStation. Ability to apply complex CAD techniques to complete assignments. Proven ability to manipulate and lay out data three dimensionally and perform arithmetic, algebraic, and geometric calculations.
- Previous experience partnering with colleagues in remote locations and ability to make policies and practices effective in spite of distance.
- Professional language skills in verbal communication and written correspondence with the ability to effectively convey technical information to different audiences. Ability to exercise wide latitude in judgment and apply effective decision making techniques that align with company values, goals and objectives.
- Ability to anticipate, identify, quantify and resolve problems in a timely and positive manner.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills. Ability to multi-task and maintain an efficient approach to completing work while coordinating the efforts of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing projects as previously defined.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
- Normal office environment with moderate noise level, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and reaching.
- Ability to perform consistent work on a PC.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List