HSE Mining Pty Ltd is seeking the services of experienced maintenance team leaders to provide management and leadership to the maintenance department at a long term project in the Bowen Basin.
HSE Mining fleet onsite includes:
Hitachi EX3600 Excavators
Komatsu 830E AC and DC’s
Cat 789C/D Trucks
Cat D11T, D10T, D8T Dozers
Cat 16H/M Graders
Cat 777F Water Carts
HSE Mining Pty Ltd is enjoying significant growth and as result opportunity exists within current projects for maintenance team leader.
As part of the site maintenance management team, this role will provide the frontline direction; supervision and leadership of the maintenance team to ensure operational requirements and KPI’s are met. The role is also responsible for ensuring strict adherence to both the client’s and company’s policies, and maintaining a safe and efficient work environment.
In this role you will:
Manage and develop the maintenance team
Maintain a high level of safety and environmental standards and compliance
Drive availability of the mining fleet to meet operational requirements
Effectively allocate and control labour
Manage and coordinate planned and unplanned workshop and field service activities and breakdown response
Continuous improvement of mobile equipment maintenance activities
Lead and mentor maintenance personnel
Drive safe and effective work practices onsite
To be successful you will ideally have:
- Heavy duty diesel fitting background and relevant trade qualifications
- Exposure to large scale mining equipment such as excavators, graders, dozers and dump trucks
- Experience working in a similar leadership position preferably in a mining environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems, exceptional troubleshooting skills and demonstrated ability to generate alternative solutions
- Demonstrated experience in supervising, scheduling, forecasting and budgeting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated experience in performance management and the effective management of people so that departmental and organisational KPIs are achieved
- You will need to be passionate about what you do and have strong interpersonal and communication skills whereby you consistently lead by example.
If you believe you meet the above criteria and have a desire to advance your career, then we would strongly encourage you to apply. This is your opportunity to join one of Australia’s largest privately owned mining contractor and to play a key role in their ongoing growth and success.
To express interest in this role, please email your curriculum vitae to: