- Excellent location in Newcastle
- Great supportive environment
- Competitive base salary and conditions
Based in Newcastle, our client provides a key support function for the NSW Coal Industry.
Working within a small, close-knit Environmental team, the responsibilities for the Environmental Engineer will include;
- Ensuring Environmental Compliance on-site;
- Maintaining, updating and implementing Environmental Management Plan;
- Investigation of Environmental incidents;
- Organisation of Environmental audits;
- Risk identification;
- Deliver Environmental training to staff members;
- Environmental monitoring;
- Community liaisons;
- Sound understanding of relevant state and federal legislation.
The experience of the successful candidate will ideally include;
- Bachelor of Environmental Engineering, or Bachelor of Environmental Science (with some additional Project Management experience);
- Previous experience working in heavy industry;
- High level report writing and oral communication skills.
- Project planning and management skills;
- Experience delivering Environmental Management Systems;
- Dealing with community groups regarding Environmental issues.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a professional and committed team. The company takes pride in their supportive environment, and the location is ideal for those wishing to return to a coastal location.
With a competitive salary package and great conditions on offer, this is not an opportunity to be missed.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.