JOB TITLE: Chief Mine Engineer
The Chief Mine Engineer is responsible for the coordination and planning of all short term and long term mine planning. The Chief Mine Engineer is responsible for mine and dump designs, tailings dam construction plans, water management, mine equipment requirements and other mine requirements. In addition the Chief Mine Engineer is responsible for engineering functions including assisting with the slope stability program, ore control, blast hole layout, surveying functions, blast hole sampling and assisting with Dispatch maintenance. Finally, the Chief Mine Engineer is responsible for providing various engineering studies as well as project supervision as required.
· Manage and assist with all short range mine planning and dump planning activities. In charge of short range planner, dump planner, ore control engineer, production planner, mine engineer draftsman, surveying and mine engineer technicians.
· Track actual production and compare progress to the long and short range plans.
· Manage tailings dam disposal dam construction.
· Assist with designing and implementing special projects.
· Coordinate with other departments to ensure maximum operating efficiencies.
· Oversee the candidate selection process to include identifying, interviewing, relationship development, behavioral assessments, negotiations, and executing job offers.
· Develop, administer, interpret, and/or implement policies and procedures related to human resources, environmental issues and safety as directed by corporate, state and federal governmental rules and regulations.
· Provide guidance and counsel over absenteeism program and problems.
· Manage, coordinate, and/or perform training needs associated with the engineering needs as coordinated with corporate, state, federal government requirements.
· Manage the Performance Development Review process including assisting managers with identifying high potential employees and developing a career planning program for those individuals. As well as assisting managers with developing performance improvement programs for employees not meeting expectations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Must have knowledge of employment related laws, NLRA, and compliance with government regulations.
· Strong interpersonal skills in developing consensus building.
· Must have computer skills with MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, AutoCAD, Minesight, Modular Mining Dispatch.
· Must be able to manage time effectively and set priorities.
· Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks.
· Knowledge of MSHA and State, Environmental and Safety regulations is beneficial.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Requires Seven (7) years of directly related Mine Planning and Mine Operations Experience.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering or related field. Professional registration or ability to obtain professional registration is preferred.