Metallurgical Engineer I
To analyze and improve metallurgical concentrating and processing techniques through technical testing and analysis.
· Analyzes concentrating performance by calculating reagent use, sampling process stream, checking mill circuits, inspecting process controls analyzing performance.
· Assembles data and prepares daily/week/monthly reports from operating information/environmental status/safety issues.
· Reports information from testing and evaluation to Senior Metallurgical Engineer.
· Maintains awareness of competitive technology and new developments and evaluates possible to research and operating activities.
· Performs test work through technical laboratory analyses, process experimentation, mechanical evaluation, materials comparison, and statistical analysis to improve existing process as well to reduce cost.
· Substitutes in grinding/flotation supervisor or control room supervisor position as needed.
· Configures and maintains Distributed Control System, On Stream X-Ray Analyzer and other associated process control instrumentation.
· Becomes familiar with all aspects of the Metallurgical Technician job and helps out when the need arises.
· Acts as a back up for other area environmental technicians.
· Update, review, maintain, and implement Standard Operating Procedures and publishes the on the QUALTRAX-system.
· Takes over temporarily the duties of the Senior Metallurgical Engineer in his absence.
· Coordinates and resolves safety issues with site safety manager.
· Holds daily safety contacts and weekly safety meetings with labor force assigned to his area.
· Inspects assigned area for safety issues on a regular basis.
· Ensures that assigned vehicles and equipment are maintained properly.
· Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Must have excellent computer skills with MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
· Must be able to manage time effectively and set priorities.
· Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks.
· Must have valid driver’s license
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· A Bachelor's degre in Metallurgy or related field.