Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
844360 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
October 11, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
December 10, 2012
Under general supervision, performs a variety of tests and analysis. Generally, position requires two to three years of Level II work experience to perform at this level, or equivalent education and prior experience. Operate the lab at the lowest possible operating cost, with emphasis on quality assurance and safety, and in an environmentally acceptable manner.
- Analyze acid for color, strength, iron and S02
- Analyze anode for metals.
- Analyze WTP samples for SO2 and SO3.
- Analyze concentrates, blister and anode for pay metals and selected impurities to determine values and information to metal accounting, process metallurgy and environmental reporting.
- Operate atomic absorption spectrometers and accessories, colorirneters, phlspecific ion meters, balances, furnaces, sulfur analyzers and various other analytical instruments, and apparatus.
- Analyze presented samples for elements required.
- Work in a safe and professional manner.
- Meet the departmental goals for each of the key objectives.
- Analyze in-process materials from smelter and mill for required analyses.
- The work instructions and standard operating procedures for tasks associated with the identified job functions are not, nor are they intended to be any kind of job description, and they do not include all the various duties and tasks which an employee may be assigned and expected to perform during the course of any particular work period in any particular job classification.
- Health and Safety: All laboratory personnel are responsible for adhering to the Chemical Hygiene Plan and all general plant safety rules. Employees are responsible for reporting all unsafe conditions to their supervisor. Employees individual or through team membership, are encouraged to suggest ways to improve their work environment in terms of health and safety. All laboratory personnel are responsible for complying with appropriate environmental policies and practices. Laboratory personnel perform chemical and physical tests and generate data concerning incoming material, in-process material and finished product. Laboratory personnel are required to maintain calibration of equipment according to existing procedures.
- Timeliness and accuracy of analysis shall be given high priority.
- Laboratory personnel are responsible for doing everything possible to control and
- reduce costs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Organizational skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills with MS Windows, MS Word, and MS Excel, as well as ability to utilize other software systems.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of
- managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from four years of college.
- Four (4) years of related experience.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY:
- The job requires training or instruction in the area of environmental Awareness.
- This job requires training or instruction in the area of Safety & Health awareness
- including completion of the appropriate OSHA and/or MSHA training.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List