Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
844848 Job Summary
Boom Truck- Equipment Operator-Maintenance-O&M
Employer Job Id:
Prudhoe Bay, AK
October 10, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
December 9, 2012
Boom Truck- Equipment Operator-Maintenance-O&M
Description and Desired Qualifications
- Drives and operates oilfield equipment at locations throughout the North Slope.
- The position is located on the North Slope and requires a rotational work schedule (2 weeks on and 2 weeks off). Relocation assistance to Alaska is not provided, however transportation between Anchorage and Prudhoe Bay is provided. Room and meals provided while in Prudhoe Bay.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive and operate loaders, forklifts, boom trucks and other miscellaneous oilfield equipment.
- Complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections of trucks/trailers/equipment to maintain equipment in good/clean working order.
- Safely secure all loads.
- Maintain communications with foremen, dispatch and clients as necessary regarding equipment operation needs.
- Perform Maintenance GMT work when not operating equipment including bolt-up work, rigging, staging material or assisting skilled and unskilled crafts with the execution of work.
- Complete SETA (Safety, Environmental Task Assignment) prior to starting any job
- Adhere to all North Slope and [Company] health, safety and environment policies and procedures at all times.
- Attend all tool box and safety meetings.
- Routinely performs safety observations; shop, field and vehicle inspections.
- Attend required developmental and safety training.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Ability to read maps.
- Ability to follow detailed directions.
- Ability to complete task hazard awareness and mitigation.
- Demonstrated ability to drive heavy equipment.
- Ability to safely drive and back in congested areas and in severe weather conditions.
- Knowledge of standard DOT regulations.
- Ability to pass a road test administered by qualified [Company] personnel.
- Able to follow all company, client, safety and regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, policies, procedures, standards and guidelines as they relate to this position and the work duties being performed.
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met
- by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is required to:
- Must have ability to stand, walk on level, uneven and slippery surfaces, sit, squat, kneel, reach through low and high ranges and exhibit normal balance and coordination. These basic physical requirements are essential for safe performance of the job in harsh environments with exposure to very cold temperatures and while wearing arctic gear.
- Lift 40 lbs from floor to waist x 2 with a 12 second interval.
- Lift 40 lbs from floor to shoulders x 2 with a 12 second interval.
- Stairs: Walk up and down 5 steps x 10 for a total of 50 steps, self-paced and continuous.
- Slanted ladder: Climb up and down 5 rungs, x 10 for a total of 50 rungs, self-paced allow a 60 second rest break after climbing up and down 30 rungs.
- Repetitive Stoop Test: Perform from standing position, bend forward at waist as far as possible without bending the knees with hands reaching toward the floor x 10, self-paced but continuous.
- Repetitive Kneel Test: Perform from standing, kneel on one knee, alternate from left to right knee x 5 each knee.
- Repetitive Squat Test: Perform a functional squat and stand x 5.
- Twist and Flex Test: Perform from standing alternate toe touches x 5 to each side to assess ability to twist and flex the trunk repetitively.
- This job description is intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of the job incumbents.
- Six (6) months previous experience operating equipment such as light and heavy duty trucks, tractor/trailer, loaders/forklifts and boom trucks in a construction or oilfield environment required.
- Valid Class A CDL driver's license and ability to be insured by [Company] required.
- Current CDL/DOT medical card required.
- NCCCO certificate and successfully passed practical evaluation required
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List