Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
844850 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
October 10, 2012
December 9, 2012
Description and Desired Qualifications
- Our Environmental Planner career path provides you with the opportunity to play a role in all stages of performing alternatives analyses, researching and writing technical reports for NEPA documents, preparing permit applications, and participating in public involvement processes for a variety of transportation and other projects. Assignments are typically well-defined, vary in scope, and are best accomplished by a highly organized, detail-oriented environmental planner with excellent writing skills, practical experience, and working knowledge of NEPA and other environmental regulations.
Our Environmental Planners:
- Have the ability to research, analyze, and compile data
- Review and prepare written environmental documentation and other related materials
- Coordinate regulatory and permitting issues with internal and agency staff
- Effectively communicate with multiple disciplines Have a strategic knowledge of key regulatory agencies
- Staff in this position work both individually and as contributing team members to accomplish assignments and tasks.
- Staff in this position act as environmental task leads on projects and coordinate with clients on project environmental issues.
- Contact with public/regulatory agency staff will occur as a result of permit coordination activities.
- Staff in this position will be expected to work on project proposals and provide other business development and client relationship support. This position will provide direction to project staff, but does not include any direct reports
- B .S. or higher, in Urban, Regional or Environmental Planning, Geography, Biology/Ecology,
- Landscape Architecture or related field At least 20 years of environmental planning experience
- Ability to lead the preparation of NEPA and CEQA documents for transportation projects including freeway and transit projects
- Understanding of FHWA/Caltrans highway/bridge environmental documentation
- Understanding of FTA environmental documentation
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to lead and direct staff An affinity for understanding spatial relationships
- M.S. in Urban, Regional or Environmental Planning, Geography, Biology/Ecology, Landscape Architecture or related field.
- Proficiency at preparing NEPA documentation
- Competence with the analysis of land use and other built environment elements.
- Experience and comfort handling public involvement, agency coordination, and interfacing with stakeholders and professionals
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
21 - 25 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List