Orway Mineral Consultants (OMC) a subsidiary of Lycopodium, is a metallurgical consultancy providing a range of services to the mineral processing community. Founded over 25 years ago, OMC is considered a world leader in comminution (crushing & grinding) and hydrometallurgy and has become highly regarded within the industry with clientele spanning six continents.
With its Head Office in Perth, Western Australia, OMC has recently expanded its service operations to include Toronto, Canada and we are currently recruiting for a Principal Metallurgist to join our Canadian office.
This full time position offering an attractive package and a full relocation will be provided if the successful candidate does not live in Toronto.
Duties of the Principal Metallurgist will include but not be limited to:
- Comminution circuit modelling and optimization
- Managing process design activities & studies (scoping, pre-feasibility)
- Designing & interpreting metallurgical testwork
- Managing metallurgical testwork programmes
- Managing site process plant optimization activities
- Managing commissioning activities where designated
- Selecting process equipment
- Preparing study documents and reviewing where delegated
- Reviewing, designing & providing specialist advice in designated areas of expertise
The successful applicant will be a degree qualified Metallurgical or Chemical Engineer and will display the following:
- 15+ years process engineering experience including both production and design engineering/consulting experience
- Recognized skills within the minerals processing industry in testwork definition & supervision, operations support, management, and process engineering
- Capability in assessing established or new technologies to a high standard as technologies of flowsheets develop
- Ability to provide high standard of deliverables within budget and schedule constraints
Join us, a company which has built its success on a solid reputation of delivering world-class projects, providing reliable and flexible service and developing long-term customer relationships.