We are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join the JV Driver Team in Cold Lake, Alberta at Nabiye project.
JV Driver is a large industrial construction company, offering a full range of services for the oil and gas, forestry, petrochemicals, energy and mining industries. Offering more than just technical expertise and a commitment to quality, we provide our clients with innovative, efficient solutions, and our team members with a safe growth-oriented work environment.
Cold Lake has an approximate population of 14,000, and is located in the north eastern part of Alberta. It is approximately 294 km (180 miles) northeast of Edmonton, 170 km (100 miles) north of Lloydminster, and 588 km (375 miles) northeast of Calgary.
The Nabiye project will add 250 million barrels of net proved reserves at Cold Lake and increase bitumen production by 30,000 barrels a day. Nabiye will contain new steam-generation, bitumen-processing and water- treatment facilities to support the In-Situ oil extraction process.
This project, and ones before it, comprise the largest thermal in-situ heavy oil operation in the world. Cold Lake bitumen is located more than 400 meters below the surface of the ground and they extract it by injecting steam into the oil sands to thin the heavy bitumen and enable it to flow to the surface through wellbores. Cold Lake operations produced more than 160,000 barrels of bitumen a day in 2011.
The JV Driver project is structured:
- 14 days on and 7 days off work schedule
- Living allowances provided (no camp)
- Travel allowances from your residence to Edmonton
- Turn-around travel from Cold Lake to Edmonton every shift (bus)
- Daily travel from Cold Lake and surrounding areas to the work site daily (bus)
The Quantity Surveyor will support the JV Driver project construction team by:
- Identifying trends and deviations and recommends corrective courses of action with regard to quantity budgets vs. installed
- Maintaining the established project quantity management program and prepares appropriate reports
- Providing meaningful, accurate historical data
- Preparing estimates for general expenses and overheads
- Projecting cash flow and financing requirements
- Experience in Industrial Construction
- Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors membership preferred
- Experienced in quantity surveying and construction cost estimating technique
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Solid verbal and written communication skills