Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
845752 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
October 11, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
December 10, 2012
[Company] Louisville Cultural/Natural Resources team is looking to fill a GIS specialist position that would support projects involving cultural resource management (Archaeological and Architectural Studies) and natural resources management (NEPA focus). The existing Cultural/Natural Resources GIS team also provides mapping support to Geotechnical, Water Resources, and Environmental Groups across the Midwest Region. The projects completed by the Cultural/Natural Resources team range from baseline survey efforts related to recording cultural and natural resources up to detailed statistical-based predictive modeling efforts that incorporate a variety of datasets spread over multiple states. The broad range of project types investigated by the group in general provides a varied and interesting working environment and leads to the need for a fairly flexible and well-rounded applicant.
Specific skills that would be necessary for the job would be to perform
- Produce detailed, high-quality cartographic products (digital and hardcopy) and accompanying reports in accordance with technical guidelines and client needs;
- Develop databases and manipulate data to facilitate queries related to analysis and reporting;
- Communicate with project team members and other stakeholders to define data needs, project requirements, and desired outputs;
- Compile, manipulate, and refine geographic data from a variety of sources including public domain, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, geophysical survey, and existing maps;
- Perform regular quality control checks of GIS data and non-spatial databases with minimal supervision to ensure data integrity;
- Manage individual project tasks related to GIS, database design and management, and data visualization;
- Customize GIS workflow and software programs for data collection, archaeological, and environmental applications for use with Trimble GPS units or tablet devices.
- 2-4 years of GIS experience;
- BA/BS or MA/MS in GIS, Geography, Anthropology, Environmental Science or related field;
- Proficiency using ESRI ArcGIS software including spatial analysis;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (including Access);
- Experience in producing high-quality digital and hardcopy maps and project graphics;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Resourceful and self-motivated;
- Genuinely excited and enthusiastic about learning and pushing technical limits/ finding new solutions;
- Good analytical / problem solving skills.
- Understanding of how to bring value to project execution through information management and programmatic solutions;
- Familiarity with SDSFIE data and FDGC metadata standards;
- Strong GIS skills with two or more GIS packages, such as ARCGIS, MapInfo, ENVI, IDRISI, GRASS or other open source mapping programs;
- Strong Macro / C/ C++ / Visual Basic Programming skills;
- Understanding of and/or willingness to learn math and statistical analysis;
- Strong Oracle or related RDBMS skills including development skills.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List