Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
845814 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
October 11, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
December 10, 2012
The Plant Manager is responsible for the overall plant operations, including all production and ensuring all employees strive to meet the standards set forth by the company for Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Preventative Maintenance, and Housekeeping.
Job Description Summary
- Directs plant manufacturing process and ensures quality products while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Responsible for planning and directing the layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and workforce utilization.
- Participate in the procurement of all raw materials, supplies and other production needs.
- Oversees upkeep of equipment as well as installation of any new equipment. Able to provide effective advice and services in order to maintain and improve machinery, equipment and facilities.
- Review all recommendations for performance management for production personnel.
- Review and discuss results of production reports and profit-loss statements.
- Enforces compliance with all OSHA regulations and ensures plant operates in a safe and secure manner.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Hire, train, motivate, appraise performance and supervise plant employees in a Union Environment.
- Recommend promotion, salary adjustments, disciplinary action and termination.
- Ensure department personnel practices conform to the personnel department's policies and programs.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferred and three or more years as a plant manager in a similar industry
- Purchasing and P &L experience preferred
- Knowledge of construction products and basic knowledge of electronics and programmable controllers preferred.
- Ability to train and instruct employees
- Good analytical problem solving skills
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Endure continuous standing and walking, intermittent climbing, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, pushing and pulling.
- Function in workplace environmental conditions including, but not limited to, cold, heat, bright sun, noise, and dust.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
16 - 20 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List