Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
845859 Job Summary
Safety Compliance Consultant
Employer Job Id:
October 11, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 10, 2012
Safety Compliance Consultant
[Company] is seeking a Safety Compliance Consultant to join our growing Performance & Assurance practice team in Cincinnati, OH. This role will provide technical assistance on health and safety compliance projects, safety management systems, safety oversight, industrial hygiene monitoring, and compliance assurance programs for clients locally, nationally, and internationally. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging H&S management projects for large industrial and global clients. Access to [Company] national Performance & Assurance experts provide knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team.
- Provide technical assistance on safety-related compliance projects, safety management system development and implementation, safety oversight, industrial hygiene monitoring, and safety auditing.
- Develop safety procedures, plans, permits, and reports.
- Assess regulatory compliance across various safety programs and environmental media.
- Perform compliance audits and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Design and implement safety management systems and programs for clients.
- Training, field coaching, and assessment for safety performance improvement projects
- Provide on-site H&S compliance support at client facilities.
- Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and other Project Managers to effectively manage and deliver projects.
- Effectively steward and build client relationships leading to repeat business.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other [Company] employees.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in engineering, safety, environmental science, or related discipline.
- 5 years of health & safety field experience in industrial environments, preferably in process plants, mining, upstream oil and gas, or on construction projects. Oil & gas or chemical sector experience desired.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA General Industry and/or Construction standards.
- Demonstrated ability to provide detailed regulatory interpretation of federal and state OSHA regulations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, MS Office computer, and analytical skills; experienced in writing comprehensive technical reports.
- Experience maintaining corporate management standards (either as a consultant or an internal compliance officer). Expertise in international management systems (ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001) a plus.
- Certification in field; CSP, CHMM, or similar registration highly desirable.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Auditing experience preferred.
- Willingness to travel approximately 50% of the time.
- [Company] is the world's leading provider of environmental, health and safety, risk and social consulting services. We have over 140 offices in 40 countries and employ around 4,000 professionals, providing the best global platform in the industry. For more than 30 years, we have been delivering innovative solutions to leading business and government clients, to help them manage environmental risks and challenges within their organizations. In doing so, we have become one of the world’s largest and most successful environmental consulting firms offering a range of compliance assurance, impact assessment planning, site investigation and remediation, and corporate advisory services.
- Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List