Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
845864 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
May 1, 2013
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 1, 2013
- Prepare specifications, drawings, bills of material, instruction sheets, and purchase orders to design new or redesign existing mechanical/electromechanical equipment for the purpose of product improvement, cost reduction, or adaptation of standard products to meet custom requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Assist Sales Department by answering questions on standard products and the adapting of standard products to meet customer needs. Prepare specification sheets, drawings, sketches, bills of materials, and purchase orders to facilitate the modification of standard products. This includes interpreting government specifications and contract requirements. This may require the design of special mechanical components and/or electrical control circuits.
- Research, prepare and process Engineering Change Request/Notices to update/revise mechanical and electromechanical components and equipment.
- Confer with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts. Evaluate and approve purchased parts based on specifications and quality requirements.
- Perform calculations and prepare documentation for load bearing components and submit to Approval-for-Sale Committee for their evaluation and approval.
- Confer with production, planning, and quality staff about product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Perform tests and collect data to submit to Code Approval Agencies for product certification.
- Assist in generating new and revising existing product manuals and instruction sheets.
- Provide Purchasing, Quality Assurance, Production Control, and Manufacturing Departments with technical assistance and advise as required.
- Keep and maintain, in a careful manner, the engineering records.
- Work on special project as assigned by the Quality Assurance and Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- To perform this job successfully, an associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelors Degree (BS) in an Electrical Engineering field; or an Associates Degree (2 year) in an Electrical Engineering field and 10 years related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems in standardized situations.
- Other Skills And Abilities: Working knowledge of strength of materials, statics and a basic control circuit electricity. Ability to operate a personal computer and CAD system.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the associate occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
16 - 20 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List