Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
845881 Job Summary
Staff Environmental Geologist
Employer Job Id:
Baton Rouge, LA
December 7, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
February 7, 2013
Staff Environmental Geologist
- [Company] is seeking a hands-on Staff Environmental Geologist to join our consulting firm in Baton Rouge, LA. The successful candidate will work on a variety of interesting site investigation and remediation projects at industrial projects sites. This is a great opportunity to work with [Company] technical experts to implement the latest investigation and remediation technologies, while building the required experience to obtain your professional registration.
- Plan and perform field work including:
- Environmental sampling.
- Well installation.
- Soil, groundwater and free-phase product assessments.
- Vapor intrusion assessments.
- Remedial pilot tests.
- Remedial construction oversight.
- Management of wastes.
- Implement remedial solutions for contaminated soil and groundwater, using innovative and emerging remedial treatment technologies as well as traditionally effective methods.
- Perform environmental due diligence assessments (Phase I ESAs) consistent with ASTM standards and other global protocols, including broad based compliance assessments, and follow on Pase II ESAs.
- Manage, review, and evaluate site data and prepare technical reports with guidance from senior staff.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Communicate and build strong collaborative relationships with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during field activities.
- Bachelors or Masters in geology, hydrogeology, or environmental engineering. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Recent graduate to 3 years of experience, including willingness/interest in field assignments up to 50% of the time.
- Experience with site investigation/remediation and due diligence projects under a variety of state and federal regulatory structures (i.e. LDEQ-RECAP, LDNR-Mining Minerals, EPA-RCRA, etc.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record with the ability to qualify for a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWC).
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training.
- Ability to succeed in a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines.
- Local candidates preferred.
- [Company] is the world's leading provider of environmental, health and safety, risk and social consulting services. We have 140 offices in 40 countries, employing 4,000 professionals, providing the best global platform in the industry. For more than 30 years, we have been delivering innovative solutions to leading business and government clients, to help them manage environmental risks and challenges within their organizations. In doing so, we have become one of the world’s largest and most successful environmental consulting firms offering a range of compliance assurance, impact assessment planning, site investigation and remediation, and corporate advisory services.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List