Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
845883 Job Summary
Staff Environmental Geologist
Employer Job Id:
October 11, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
December 10, 2012
Staff Environmental Geologist
- [Company] is seeking a hands-on Staff Environmental Geologist to join our consulting firm in Holland, MI. The successful candidate will work on a variety of interesting site investigation and remediation projects at industrial projects sites. This is a great opportunity to work with [Company] technical experts to implement the latest investigation and remediation technologies, while building the required experience to obtain your professional registration.
- Conduct field work, including soil, sediment, ground water, and surface water sampling, aquifer testing, drilling oversight and soil logging, soil boring and monitoring well installation, well development, purging and sampling, and construction oversight.
- Coordinate and direct drilling, surveying, and laboratory services.
- Provide oversight on environmental remediation projects, and operations and maintenance of environmental remediation systems.
- Assist in data interpretation and preparation of site workplans, spreadsheets, figures, and technical reports.
- Assist in groundwater and remdial system performance monitoring, maintenance, and optimization.
- Perform Phase I and II environmental assessments to support property transfer transactions.
- Focus on team project delivery, taking direction primarily from Project Managers.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during field activities.
- Bachelors in Geology, Civil or Environmental Engineering; Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Recent graduate to 3 years of experience, including willingness/interest in field assignments.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training, a plus.
- Ability to succeed in a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines.
- Detail oriented with mechanical aptitude with hands-on trouble shooting/problem solving skills.
- [Company] is the world's leading provider of environmental, health and safety, risk and social consulting services. We have 140 offices in 40 countries, employing 4,000 professionals, providing the best global platform in the industry. For more than 30 years, we have been delivering innovative solutions to leading business and government clients, to help them manage environmental risks and challenges within their organizations. In doing so, we have become one of the world’s largest and most successful environmental consulting firms offering a range of compliance assurance, impact assessment planning, site investigation and remediation, and corporate advisory services.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List