Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
845890 Job Summary
Manager of Engineering Systems and Standards
Employer Job Id:
October 11, 2012
Columbus McKinnon Corp. (CMCO)
December 10, 2012
Manager of Engineering Systems and Standards
- Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of our CMCO Engineering Systems and Standards with the prime objective of establishing a Global engineering platform to fully integrate all of our engineering groups to facilitate global design, production and sharing of engineering resources across our entire enterprise including 3rd party providers of engineering services.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Direct Responsibility for the following areas:
- Product Data Management (PDM) System
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) System and Standards
- Engineering Drawing Standards
- Drawing Control Standards
- Engineering Change Notice (ECN) Standardization
- StageGate Product Development Process
- Technical Project Management Process
- Engineering Training and Support
- Design of Experiments (DOE) and Failure Analysis Processes
- Participation in Industry and Safety Standard Committees (ANSI/ASME, HMI, CMAA)
- Participate and represent Engineering on the SAP Implementation Team
- Coordinate 3rd Party Engineering Services including evaluating alternative service providers
- Provides training and support to facilitate uniform implementation of the above processes and standards at all of our CMCO facilities worldwide including 3rd party providers of engineering services.
- Works with the Executive Director and the Location Engineering Managers to first develop and then monitor and continuously improve the above systems and processes.
- Provides input and participates in strategic planning and the annual budgeting process as required to support implementation, improvement and maintenance of the above systems and processes.
- Stays abreast of technological advances and opportunities to improve or incorporate new technology into the above systems and processes.
- Initially no direct reports but may be assigned to supervise ad-hoc teams working on specific initiatives related to developing, implementing and maintaining the above systems and processes or supervising teams working on special projects as assigned.
- When required, carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Advanced Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial, Manufacturing or Operations Engineering and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires a minimum of 5-10 years of experience with managing enterprise-wide Engineering Systems and Standards.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to travel, work and live for short periods in diverse cultures as required. Awareness of and sensitivity to diverse cultural behaviors and norms required.
- Advanced, graduate level mathematical and analysis skills required.
- Advanced ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Professional Engineering License and Technical Memberships a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Good communications, presentation and organization skills to educate and lead individuals and teams.
- Progressive project management and time management skills.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and be a team player
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List