Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
845938 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
Various Locations, USA
October 11, 2012
December 10, 2012
- The Safety Coordinator is generally an entry level safety support position providing assistance to the Safety Manager and project management in planning, organizing and implementing the TIC Safety Management Program. The Safety Coordinator will perform project safety inspections and audits, communicate identified hazards, safety goals, and expectations with TIC craft employees, project management, and the safety manager.
- CPR/First Aid or EMT certification required. On-the-job experience in safety training and safety management preferred. High school diploma or GED required. Must have knowledge of MSHA/OSHA regulations and record keeping requirements, as well as injury management skills. Must possess strong communications skills.
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills. Add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers rapidly and accurately.
- With regard to that portion of the work assigned, develop complete understanding of contract plans and specifications in accordance with those plans and specifications.
- Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered.
- Listen to directions and suggestions from supervisors or other employees regarding safe and proper work practices, evaluate that information and implement a plan based on that evaluation for carrying out the duties of this position.
- Observe functioning of installed equipment or systems to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 80 pounds or more.
- Move in and around confined and cluttered places, and uneven areas. Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with age.
- Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical labor in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions.
- Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
- Identify workplace safety hazards and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize them.
- Understand and respond appropriately to all safety hazards and warning devices (i.e. back-up alarms, smell of smoke, different colored warning tags, warning sirens).
- Understand and implement lockout/tagout procedures in a safe manner.
- Produce quality work, meeting requirements of company policies, procedures and industry standards.
- Be motivated and work productively.
Coordinate and present safety training to support TIC and client requirements, including planning, documentation, and presentation.
This will include:
- New Hire Orientation
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space
- Respiratory Protection
- Others as required
- Implement the jobsite safety plans.
- Attend the weekly general safety meeting, weekly supervisors safety meeting, and daily TQM Gangbox meetings, as required.
- Participate in the jobsite Safety Committee as required.
- Provide safety program documentation, record keeping, document posting, trenching and scaffold permitting, and regulatory compliance documentation. Participate in site inspections and testing as necessary for required permits, including confined space, hot work, trenching, etc…
- Manage injuries to assure a high level of medical care and to minimize accident reportability and lost time.
- Implement the TIC Hazard Communication Program in compliance with federal, state, and TIC policy, including a hazardous materials list, MSDS file, container labeling, employee training, and subcontractor communications.
- Perform reviews and inspections of the jobsite to assure compliance with federal, state, client, and TIC policy.
- Perform drug and alcohol testing according to the TIC D & A testing protocols.
- Assist in New-Hire processing, including filling out applications, I-9's, Drug and Alcohol testing, etc
- Perform all other actions necessary to accomplish the foregoing essential job functions.
- In addition, perform any other job-specific duties as requested by supervisor.
- Coordinate work with other crafts and co-workers on the job.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List