Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
846171 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
October 12, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 11, 2012
Our client is looking for a Robotic Weld Technician- ABB< Nachi & Panasonic to hire on a full-time basis.
- Makes adjustments in welding program when required and participates in improving efficiency and cycle times.
- Sets up robotic welding stations by operating/retrieving various computer programs stored in robotic welding equipment.
- Adjusts equipment and changes welding fixtures as necessary to ensure good quality welding.
- Conducts quality testing and checking as per Quality instructions.
- Detects non-conforming products and acts on same.
- Operates robotic welding equipment to achieve desired results.
- Facilitates training sessions in welding, robotics, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) to internal employees on an as-needed basis.
- Trains maintenance employees on how to maintain equipment and follow procedures when trouble-shooting for equipment related to the Continuous Improvement projects.
- Works closely with Quality department to ensure quality standards are met. Participates in the use of S.P.C.
- Documents current projects e.g. cost, quotes, pay back, timelines, goals etc., and provides information to management.
- Updates and/or creates procedures that are used as reference.
- Reports any abnormalities of parts or machine to the Supervisor immediately - suggests corrective action where applicable.
- Helps General Operators to inspect for visual quality of weld.
- Trains others within the department on well cell O.P.S.
- Helps set up Preventative Maintenance program and participates in it.
- Co-operates with the Safety Committee and adheres to all plant safety rules and policies, including wearing of all Personal Protective Equipment.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement and assists in its implementation on an ongoing basis.
Ability to identify potential problems when performing job functions
- Completion of Grade 12 and specialized trade courses in Welding and Robotics
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting Panasonic and ABB robots
- Good knowledge of S.P.C. procedures
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and company policies
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and/or as part of a team
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List