Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
847220 Job Summary
Contract Technical/Document Editor
Employer Job Id:
Rolling Meadows, IL
January 2, 2013
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
March 2, 2013
Contract Technical/Document Editor
[Company] is seeking an experienced Contract Technical/Document Editor to assist in developing and reviewing content for reports and proposals. Based out of Chicago, IL; Rolling Meadows, IL; or Annapolis, MD, the successful candidate must have the ability to strategically design document layouts, review and edit technical content based on client needs and assure timely delivery of submittals.
In this position you will be required to work effectively with Partners, senior sellers, technical staff and the Business Development team to manage, review and edit complex reports and proposals. The successful candidate will demonstrate self-initiative, will have a positive team attitude, and have the ability to juggle multiple deadline-driven projects and other tasks to support regional initiatives.
- Manage and facilitate the Statement of Qualifications, Proposals, and Client Submittals process.
- Manage and coordinate the development of a wide variety of national and international project deliverables and proposals.
- Provide consistency and quality throughout the submittal process, review project requirements, and develop outlines based on client requirements.
- Manage kick-off meetings, internal schedules, document team assignments, and review processes to meet client deadlines.
- Research/write/customize non-technical sections and prepare graphics.
- Coordinate with [Company] offices worldwide and team members to obtain required information/input.
- Oversee overall document development, production and delivery process.
- Design presentation plans (PowerPoint) with the technical team.
- Research/develop content for slides.
- Manage internal schedule, team assignments, and electronic files of overall presentation to meet client schedule.
- Facilitate dry runs with presentation team; provide input to improve quality.
- Oversee handout production and equipment coordination.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, or Communications; technical editing/writing experience required.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience, specifically in document management, editing, writing/proofing, experience in environmental/engineering consulting industry preferred.
- Experience in international power, mining, and oil & gas sector development projects preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in the following software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Illustrator); Sharepoint, and Internet/Intranet.
- Ability to concentrate and work effectively under tight deadlines is essential.
- Effective task management, communication, organization, follow-through, and multi-task management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative mindset, ability to multi-task and enjoy fast paced/changing responsibilities.
- Layout/Graphic design a plus.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List