Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
847229 Job Summary
Driver - Ready Mix
Employer Job Id:
October 19, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 19, 2012
Driver - Ready Mix
- Provide exemplary customer service by safely and efficiently transporting ready mix concrete products from batch plants to customer jobsites and unloading per customer specifications. Maintain proper slump (water content) of ready mix concrete. Inspect, service, and clean concrete mixer truck.
- Delivery of Ready Mix Concrete Products
- Communicate with Dispatcher/Plant Manager to receive instructions via 2-way radio in truck and direct-line telephone in yard
- Position truck under batch plant to be loaded by Batch Plant Operator/Plant Manager
- Receive written or printed delivery ticket and follow instructions as directed
- Fill truck's water tank and verify accurate slump of load, make adjustments as necessary
- Safely drive loaded truck to destination on delivery ticket and inspect jobsite upon arrival
- Work with customers to obtain adequate vehicle access and unload material
- Rinse chutes and rear of truck to ensure absence of excess concrete
- Perform pre-trip/post-trip vehicle safety inspection; document and report vehicle condition at beginning and end of each shift
- Check all vehicle fluid levels daily and add fluids if necessary
- Clean outside of vehicle to ensure absence of concrete build-up throughout each shift
- May assist mechanics in vehicle repair and change tires as necessary
- Complete customer changes to product while on-site, relay information to plant manager and/or dispatch as appropriate
- Maintain daily reports as required by DOT and Company regulations
- Operate front end loader to feed ready mix plant and move material as needed
- Assist in maintenance and upkeep of yard, plant and office
- Comply with all Safety, Health, Environmental and other Company policies, procedures and requirements
- Perform other duties as instructed by supervisor
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience: Three (3) years’ experience driving commercially licensed vehicles preferred
- Two (2) years’ experience driving ready mix concrete trucks preferred
- License: Valid Class “A” or Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License required
- Driving Record: Must have no more than 2 moving violations within the previous 12 months. Driving record must not contain convictions of any of the disqualifying offenses as set forth in 383.51 of the Federal Motor Carrier Regulations within the previous 7 years (reckless driving, DUI, leaving the scene of an accident, CMV Felony, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have sufficient level of education to understand oral and written instructions of a technical nature relating to products and vehicles. Must have the ability to effectively communicate in English including reading and writing. Must have excellent driving skills and the ability to maintain satisfactory customer and public relations in performance of duties.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List