Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
847232 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
October 13, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 12, 2012
- Tend machines that crush, mix and/or pulverize materials including but not limited to: limestone, iron ore, gypsum and cement clinker
- Start mill and conveyors
- Observe conveyor system to ensure continuous flow of material
- Stop conveyor and remove clogged material
- Open chutes over conveyor to add materials such as gypsum, according to specifications
- Observe operation of auxiliary equipment, such as cement pumps, air or screen separators, air slides, cement coolers and dust collectors
- Turn valves to regulate water, air and oil lines on machine, according to laboratory specifications
- Regulate feeder mechanism on machines not equipped with automatic regulators as needed
- Add moisture to materials to facilitate flow into machine as needed
- Advise the production foreman of operational problems
- Maintain plant cleanliness and housekeeping standards
- Maintain consistent level of raw materials in equipment to prevent starvation
- Shovel aggregate material from area to be repaired
- Operate fixed and mobile equipment as necessary
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of fixed equipment as necessary
- Comply with all safety, health, environmental and other policies, procedures and requirements
- Perform additional responsibilities as directed by supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience preferred
- One (1) year of experience in the construction/mining/concrete/ cement industry preferred
- License: Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record required
- Must have working knowledge of process control systems. Must be mechanically inclined with the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems. Must have the ability to effectively communicate in English, including reading and writing.
- This position requires knowledge and awareness of construction and industrial sites. Protective gear will be required where appropriate. Position requires ability to work varying start times and shifts, including nights and weekends.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List