Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
847239 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
October 13, 2012
Golder Associates Inc.
December 12, 2012
- Golder Associates is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment, and the related areas of energy. From 180 offices worldwide, our more than 8,000 employees work with clients to manage their environmental and engineering activities in a technically sound, economically viable, and socially responsible manner.
- Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking an Environmental Specialist with a focus on environmental planning, assessment and permitting of mine facilities, to join the Mining Resources Group in our Elko office. Our team provides engineering, environmental, and project management services to clients in the mining industries.
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in science or engineering, experience in the consulting or industrial environment, and will be capable of managing projects and interacting closely with clients. The successful candidate will thrive in a work atmosphere that supports cooperation and teamwork while contributing to the ongoing development of Golder’s services throughout United States.
- Perform project work for environmental planning, applications and compliance for mining facilities;
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams to complete technical studies, environmental planning, environmental assessment reports and applications;
- Communicating with clients, regulators and stakeholders regarding projects;
- Authoring and reviewing of technical reports, applications and other project communications;
- Client service and business development in the energy market sector;
- Working with and providing support to other members of the Mining Resources Group in sharing project management, project completion and client service responsibilities;
- Leadership, supervision, training and mentoring of junior staff.
- Position may include administrative duties as follows:
- Supports consultants in coordination, production and distribution of professional work product and various project deliverables;
- Manages and maintains health and safety program and health and safety records for Elko projects and staff;
- Updates and organizes printed and electronic marketing materials for access by local staff;
- Coordinates with marketing and administrative personnel in Golder to ensure support for major proposal and business development efforts;
- Support and assist field staff; and
- Performs various other related duties as required and assigned.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A Bachelor’s degree in the natural sciences, engineering or environmental discipline;
- A minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience, or a Master’s degree in an above discipline with five (5) or more years of relevant experience;
- Proven project management skills;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Possesses strong communication skills and is able to communicate with a variety of personalities in a confidential and sensitive manner;
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills, proficient with Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office current suite of programs, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume, and deadline oriented environment. Must have ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities;
- Must be flexible, able to work in a team environment, and quickly resolve conflict. Ability to work with all levels of management, staff, and vendors;
- Must be a motivated self-starter who can work with minimal supervision;
- Prefer experience working in an environment requiring adherence to MSHA regulations;
- Must be eligible to work in United States.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List