Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
847254 Job Summary
Senior GIS Analyst
Employer Job Id:
October 13, 2012
Southwestern Energy Company
December 12, 2012
Senior GIS Analyst
- Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. Our primary business is the exploration for and production of natural gas within North America. We are also actively engaged in exploration and production activities in Oklahoma, Texas, Pennsylvania, and New Brunswick, Canada. Please visit our website to learn about SWN.
Working at Southwestern Energy
- When you become part of the Southwestern Energy Company team, you will engage your career with hands-on experiences in challenging exploration and development projects. As a new employee, you are given the opportunity to contribute from day one by working side-by-side with experienced employees to cultivate innovative strategies and solutions. We are at the forefront of several significant projects, most importantly the Fayetteville Shale play in Arkansas. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and successfully produce its gas. We are currently the largest producer in the Fayetteville Shale. In a few short years, we have surpassed 1 Bcfd and have invested more than $6 billion in this expanding operation in Arkansas. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have recently begun exploratory efforts in Pennsylvania’s exciting new Marcellus Shale and in New Brunswick, Canada.
- Senior Geoscience Analyst based in Houston, Texas and working with a multi-discipline exploration team.
- The candidate will work independently, but proactively within a multi-discipline technical team. The person will need to work across disciplines with Geology, Geophysics, Land and Engineering to deliver a GIS product that conveys the complex data related to the discipline(s). The candidate should work creatively to be able to convey complex data into easy to understand graphics while retaining the hidden information.
- The candidate needs to be creative and proactive manipulating large datasets.
- He should have a well-rounded background in geospatial data and use of software to manage and manipulate these datasets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates presentation quality maps and completes complex geospatial analysis
- Performs spatial data analysis, attribution, management, and is responsible for applying quality control procedures on the data to ensure its accuracy with minimal supervision.
- Performs spatial file-based database design, creation, and optimization, as well as develop customized GIS tools.
- Supports the business unit by identifying and collecting appropriate worldwide spatial data, and by documenting and standardizing data management workflow processes and data attributes.
- Designs, creates, modifies, and manages GIS software design of new applications.
- Provides internet and web based support, develops spatial and non-spatial databases, provides technical support to other GIS professionals, and provides documentation support.
- Develops and implements specific GIS tools to assist end users with daily mapping and analysis as needed
- Serves as a leader/consultant in defining and developing solutions to complex business challenges.
- Provides leadership to less experienced personnel on projects.
Skills and Experiences:
- Must have 7-15 years of GIS experience with the last two as a GIS Analyst or similar role.
- Should have obtained experience at a four-year college, two-year college, trade school, or vocational school in a related field such as Geography, Geology, Computer Science, or Urban Planning.
- Expert level knowledge of and experience with ESRI software with ability to create multi-media presentations using common software, i.e. PowerPoint.
- Prior experience with the petroleum industry is a plus.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List