Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
847302 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
October 13, 2012
Southwestern Energy Company
December 12, 2012
- Creates presentation quality maps and completes complex geospatial analysis to support the Fayetteville business unit. Performs spatial data analysis, attribution, management, and is responsible for applying quality control procedures on the data to ensure its accuracy. Performs spatial file-based database design, creation, and optimization, as well as develop customized GIS tools. Supports the Fayetteville business unit by identifying and collecting appropriate worldwide spatial data, and by documenting and standardizing data management workflow processes and data attributes. This is a high-level technical position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Designs, creates, modifies, and manages GIS software design of new applications.
- Provides internet and web based support, develops spatial and non-spatial databases, provides technical support to other GIS
- professionals, and provides documentation support.
- Develops and implements specific GIS tools to assist end users with daily mapping and analysis as needed.
- Serves as a leader/consultant in defining and developing solutions to complex business challenges.
- Applies general comprehensive knowledge of the organization, functions, roles, and responsibility.
- Acts as a technical leader within the group who consistently produces quality work that integrates traditional, modified, a new approaches and technologies.
- Influences others, internally and externally to achieve objectives or cause action.
- Develops solutions to highly complex problems, which affect the business groups department. Gathers innovative/non-traditional ideas and applying them to solutions of strategic business importance.
- Makes decisions that reflect multi-functional perspectives and balance. Decisions contribute to precedent-setting solutions/innovations. Very difficult, highly complex and most unusual matters are referred to more senior authority, together with incumbents recommendations.
- Utilizes expertise in one or more technical/business specialty(ies) for successful completion.
- Takes responsibility for entire large projects, including coordinating resources among departments, producing results and meeting goals. Provides leadership to less experienced personnel on projects.
- Designs, writes, and maintains detailed process documentation.
- Searches for and mines data from disparate external sources.
- Creates and presents in-house training material.
- Provides reliable and professional GIS support to the user community.
- Performs tasks independently and without supervision.
- Mentors junior GIS technicians.
- Must have ten years of GIS experience with the last two as a GIS Analyst or similar role.
- Should have obtained experience at a four-year college, two-year college, trade school, or vocational school in a related field such as Geography, Geology, Computer Science, or Urban Planning. Expert level knowledge of and experience with ESRI Desktop pro
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List