Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
848025 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
October 16, 2012
December 15, 2012
- Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With revenues of more than $10 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 10,300 staff and 14,400 craft workers. Kiewit Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kiewit participates in E-Verify.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Responsibilities for an Environmental Coordinator at Kiewit Mining Group include providing environmental and compliance support for our Mining ventures within North America. Develop an understanding off all Kiewit Corporate guidelines related to environmental compliance. This position will help manage permitting of new projects and mine expansions. Develop an understanding of the latest rules and regulations governing mining projects. Support the District Environmental Manger in his efforts overseeing our current mining operations. Help develop environmental training programs for the District. Support the District Engineering Team during project estimates ensuring environmental compliance has been achieved. Environmental Coordinators are required to make decisions based on their expertise, knowledge and education in this field as required to remaining in compliance with the State and Federal agencies.
- Coordinate with CPL Project Managers; Project Safety Specialists; Engineering Scoping; Legal; and representatives of Land and Right-of-Way and Policy, Government and Public Affairs.
- Complete project environmental permitting plans and schedules, and tracking of project permitting progress.
- Complete and submit environmental permit applications to various federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Represent company interests effectively to agencies regarding permitting, regulatory issues and construction compliance reporting scenarios to successfully negotiate permitting strategies and mitigation measures.
- Develop strategic environmental permitting solutions in order to fit strategic needs.
- Communicate effectively with field personnel and management on a wide-variety of HES issues in order to complete tasks and ensure compliance and operational excellence.
- Coordinate waste handling and disposal efforts of construction material (i.e. asbestos containing material, hydrotest water, etc.) in order to ensure compliance.
- Provide regulatory compliance guidance with SPCC and Clean Water Act related regulatory requirements.
- The candidate should have between 0-5 years’ of experience.
- Undergraduate degree in Environmental Engineer, Range Management, or a similar field is required.
- Have a working knowledge of the regulatory process
- Have a working knowledge of CAD based mapping software.
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Highly motivated and self-managed to get things done right the first time.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong work ethic, detail oriented, and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Uncompromising attitude toward safety.
- Understands and promotes process improvement and change initiatives.
- The ability to work shift work including nights and weekends.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List