Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
848031 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
Inland Region, CA
October 16, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 15, 2012
[Company] is a major building materials and construction solutions provider proudly serving our customers since 1891 in the Western United States and Canada. We take pride in providing solutions to your greatest construction challenges with expertise in cement production, ready mix concrete, aggregate, asphalt, construction services, as well as concrete products and other building materials.
- Mechanic performs service and repairs on a variety of mechanical, electrical, power train, and hydraulic systems for vehicles, on and off road equipment, as well as assists with plant repairs when called upon to do so. This position requires a self-motivated individual, who has the ability to prioritize their workload, while performing effective repairs, as efficiently and safely as possible.
- Diagnose and repair all types of gas and diesel equipment, including, but not limited to, dump trucks, concrete mixer trucks, light trucks, street sweepers, wheel loaders, trailers and various ancillary equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair and replace ignition systems, fuel systems, hydraulic systems, lighting systems, electrical/computer control systems, radio systems and ABS brake system
- Repair and overhaul engines, transmissions, differentials, PTO’s and axle assemblies
- Maintain service, maintenance and repair records
- Repair and maintain shop tools and machinery
- Prepare and enter work orders and order parts in SAP operating system
- Make emergency field repairs to all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Mid-Career Years of Experience: Minimum of 3-years
- High school diploma or equivalency
- 3+ years of experience in the maintenance and repair of heavy duty diesel and medium fleet automotive
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, electrical systems, chassis and power-train systems
- Knowledge of industrial and shop safety rules, procedures, and equipment
- Ability to safely operate vehicles and equipment to test and troubleshoot for proper operation before and after maintenance Requirements/Qualifications cont’d:
- Ability to have reliable attendance
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Possess a valid California driver’s license and have a good driving record
- Possess own Journeyman level tools necessary to perform the functions of the job “up to 3/4 hand tools” and “up to 1/2 drive sockets”.
- First Aid and CPR certified a plus
- Successfully pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing
- Physical Requirements and Working Environment:
- Must be able to remain in a standing position for extended periods of time, lifting arms above shoulder level, bend and stoop repeatedly, able to move heavy objects fifty pounds or more long distances. Work is performed inside a shop and outside in all weather conditions.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List