Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
848045 Job Summary
Continuous Improvement Area Facilitator (BEx)
Employer Job Id:
November 1, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
January 1, 2013
Continuous Improvement Area Facilitator (BEx)
- [Company] , a wholly owned subsidiary of [Company] , is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America and Australia, as well as selected customers in the Asia Pacific region. Due to continued results and world-leading innovation, customers in the mining, quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries choose[Company] .
- Continuous Improvement Area Facilitator (Referred to as the BEx Area Facilitator)
- [Company] is currently transforming the way it does business through Business Excellence (BEx). BEx is a holistic and systematic approach to delivering continuous improvement across IPL. Our goal is that BEx will drive a culture of excellence amongst our people and entrench best practice continuous improvement as a way of life.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to utilize your prior experience in continuous improvement principles. (Six Sigma, Lean, TPM, TQM, etc.)
Responsible for the following:
- Work with the Site BEx Facilitator, implementation Task Force Teams, and BEx Trainers to facilitate the deployment of BEx within a specific area/function of the business to the agreed schedule and plan with the purpose of delivering business excellence against agreed targets.
- Educate and coach area/functional personnel on BEx to assist in establishing a Company culture that drives business excellence.
- Work with functional teams to identify improvement opportunities through the application of BEx.
- Zero Harm: Ensure compliance with applicable HSE Performance Standards, objectives, acts and regulations, and the commitment to achieving Zero Harm through behavioral based safety leadership.
- Subject Matter Expert and Coach: Engage key stakeholders through providing information, education and coaching on BEx content, implementation approach, tools and standards. (BEx knowledge acquired through initial training for facilitators).
- Teamwork: Vigorously participate as an active member of the Functions Management Team (if applicable) and the broader BEx Implementation Task Force. Coordinating implementation actions and communicating between the Implementation Task Force as advised by the Site BEx Facilitator.
- Work with and take the lead from the Site BEx Facilitator to coordinate the BEx implementation schedule/ BEx associated activities, where appropriate.
- Be a model for the mindsets and behaviors necessary to create an environment of trust, participation and accountability.
- Change Management: Work closely with Site Trainers, Site BEx Facilitator, HR Business Partner, and other key stakeholders to consistently drive change through a focus on continuous improvement.
- Communication: In consultation with the Site BEx facilitator, provide internal BEx communication support for key stakeholders, particularly in relation to key messaging, language and tone appropriateness and communication method/tools.
- In consultation with the Site BEx facilitator prepare reports and communicate updates as required on BEx deployment status, progress, and outcomes using nominated Company business systems.
- Decision Making Authority: Make recommendations to Implementation Task Force on deployment approach and activities to achieve optimal outcome/result.
- Provide feedback/advice on the maintenance of standards/setting of KPIs and where further opportunities for improvement may exist.
- Major Challenges: Getting active buy-in and securing ongoing commitment to the BEx program.
- Influencing line management and other key decision makers throughout implementation.
- Getting buy-in from cross functional areas at site(s).
- Ensuring compliance to changed processes/practices and standards.
- Demonstrated understanding of internal processes.
- Skill in building strong internal customer relationships.
- Be a Change Agent focused on driving improvement within the business.
- Knowledge of Lean Management principles.
- Passionate, results driven approach with track record of overachieving.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship and communication skills (influencing, communication, teamwork, empowerment, delegation, managing conflict/resolution).
- Effective negotiation skills and ability to influence across all levels of the operation through written and verbal communication.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Appropriate formal qualification is preferred i.e., trade or business/ relevant role experience.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience.
- Prior experience in lean manufacturing techniques would be advantageous, but not an absolute requirement.
- Knowledge of manufacturing business systems and the chemical process.
- Intermediate or Advanced Excel Skills is desired but not essential.
- Computer literacy.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills.
Work Environment and Physical Conditions:
- Ability to wear and care for applicable personal protective equipment (such as, safety glasses and shoes, respirator, hard hat and ear protection, safety harness) as required by site-specific requirements.
- At [Company] we believe our people are our most valuable resource, and encourage those that show the ability and desire, to grow. We place great importance on fostering learning and development at all levels and believe in providing a clear career path for all our staff.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List