Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
848141 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
October 16, 2012
Flanders Electric , Ltd.
December 15, 2012
- This position is responsible for welding various pieces of non-routine and moderately complex equipment & machinery. Also, requires creating and fabricating from scratch various pieces of moderately complex motor parts and equipment using blueprints.
- This position will be on second or third shift.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Perform moderately complex welding including Tig, Mig and ARC (stick) welding, and Plasma cutting.
- Perform horizontal and vertical welding.
- Fabricate moderately complex parts and equipment. In some instances, fabricate parts for the first time.
- Fabricate parts and equipment via verbal and written directions including blueprints.
- Review and interpret blueprints and mechanical drawings, including weld requirement symbology, to complete job.
- Record all data necessary to produce expected service and/or design results, including sizing’s and illustrations.
- Set stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template.
- Perform moderately complex welding to SICS standards.
The position requirements are:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of welding and fabricating experience
- Ability to fabricate with few to no known concrete direction and with multiple variables.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of wire and filler materials applications in addition to gasses used on various metal applications.
- Ability to perform basic math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and basic trigonometry and basic geometry using a guide.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend basic to moderately complex written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand, perform, and retain various job related training, operational, and safety procedures.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and decision making related to routine duties within set company standards.
- Ability to operate overhead cranes, fork lift trucks, and other equipment.
- Although seldom, ability to work in confined spaces.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List