Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
848165 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
New Braunfels, TX
October 16, 2012
TXI Riverside Cement Co.
December 15, 2012
- Under the direction of the Electrical Supervisor, the Electrician’s responsibility is to perform skilled duties relating to all electrical equipment including repair, maintenance, installation, testing, troubleshooting and calibrating. This includes mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems interfaced with electric or electronic controls involving meters, pumps, valves, gauges, etc.
- Performs maintenance and repairs on existing electrical equipment.
- Performs new electrical constructions and installation.
- Operates mobile equipment necessary to perform work.
- Performs electrical maintenance on bull gears and replaces/lubes bearings as needed.
- Performs tasks in the repair, maintenance, installation, modification of machines, motors, water, air, product or fuel lines using appropriate tools and machines.
- Maintains dust collectors throughout the plant.
- Diagnoses problems whether they are electrical, mechanical or process controls.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Education And Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent,
- Must have two years of technical school or service training in industrial electrical maintenance or four years related field experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Maintains effective communication with plant operational personnel, maintenance, contractors and supervision.
- High degree of manual dexterity and accuracy.
- Must successfully be tested on all training material provided in the Electrical Maintenance Training Program.
- Work requires the ability to read and understand operating manuals, blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Excellent work ethic – high standard of performance and production
- Ability to be on call on a rotational basis.
- Implements and applies all safety rules and regulations as set forth by MSHA and TXI policies/procedures.
- Ability to use proper Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Must understand and comply with lock-out procedure and safety requirements.
- Walk/stand on uneven ground, ladders, walkways and catwalks throughout the work day.
- Stooping, bending, kneeling a minimum of 25 times per day
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 – 100 pounds up to 25 times a day.
- Able to reason through difficult operations problems, resolve said problems and/or relate same to others.
- Communicate by radio a minimum of two hours a day.
- Capability of working for long periods of time in extreme heat and in dusty areas, confined spaces and heights.
- Ability to climb stairs and work at heights (up to 350’).
- Works in all weather conditions including heat, cold, ice, rain and in high humidity and is required to work in all plant environments. Incumbent will be exposed to vibrating equipment and mechanical and electrical hazards and heights.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List