Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
848206 Job Summary
Senior Structural Designer
Employer Job Id:
October 16, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 15, 2012
Senior Structural Designer
Description and Desired Qualifications
Help to meet the ever increasing Global demand for Energy. Our Senior Structural Designer job will offer you an exciting opportunity to help our Clients provide a safe and reliable source of Energy to heat homes, fuel automobiles, and move goods and services in support of millions of people. Each day you will be part of a professional team that provides design services to our Clients. You will perform, difficult to complex design assignments which require the application of advanced design techniques in accordance with the company; client and industry standards and codes. Most assignments will be performed with minimal engineering guidance. Detailed instructions will be provided by a project discipline design lead, project discipline engineers or supervisor for assignments requiring more complex design concepts. You should be capable of identifying and resolving unique project challenges and changes as they surface while demonstrating a clear understanding of the project scope and maintaining the deadline schedules.
Our Senior Structural Designer:
- Establishes design criteria for assigned phases of a project requiring the application of basic engineering principles, material properties, and a familiarity with construction, installation, and maintenance procedures
- Provides input to projects during the planning stages developing manpower requirements, man-hour estimates, and completion schedules
- Performs complex design tasks, while working closely with a principal designer and discipline engineer
- Prepares layout, detail and sketch drawings of unusual, complex, or original designs requiring the application of practical design knowledge
- Determines material needs as specified in the project scope Performs difficult material-take-off for in-house and field procurement requirements
- Has an advance understanding of job procedures, standards and specifications and how they are to be correctly applied
- Reviews fabricator and vendor prints for conformance with contract specifications and applicable codes and classifications
- Provides technical guidance to subordinate design/drafting personnel and reviews completed drawings for technical accuracy and compliance with company, client and national standards specifications and codes
- Assists lead designer and engineering with project site-walks and interfaces with on-site personnel as required for finalizing design approach and scope
- Functions as a lead designer, responsible for progress status reporting and performance within approved project scope, schedule and budget
- Performs basic related tasks in support of the project engineer, such as; man-hour estimating, writing procedures, writing scopes of work, project communications, computing engineering data, etc.
- Regularly interfaces with other departments, clients, vendors, and project engineers to support project production
- Oversees and coordinates project as-built efforts
- Shares job knowledge and experience with other discipline members to help develop, train and enhance the design skill-set of all team members
- Special Note: Preference will be given to applicants residing in the greater Houston area. [Company] will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B visa, etc.,) to fill this position.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 15 years of direct design experience
- Advanced working knowledge of CAD technologies
- Minimum of 10 years cad experience in petrochemical plants or heavy chemical or industrial plants in both structural steel and concrete.
- Modular cad experience in piperacks, process structures and buildings is a plus.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, micro station and 3D modeling utilizing Smartplant, NavisWorks and Cadworx
Preferred Years of Experience
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
16 - 20 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List